14-9/7-7 vs. 18-7/9-5
|Wednesday, Nov. 15||7 p.m. CT|
|Auburn at LSU|
AUBURN, Ala. – The Auburn volleyball team (14-9, 7-7) opens the week with a tough road contest, traveling to Baton Rouge for a Wednesday-night match against LSU. The two Tiger squads are set to go head-to-head at 7 p.m. CT.
The match will be televised live on SEC Network with Sam Gore and Dain Blanton on the call.
- Auburn bookended a busy weekend on the Plains last week, hosting Tennessee and then-No. 7 Kentucky in Auburn Arena. The Tigers topped the Volunteers Thursday, 3-1 (25-22, 23-25, 25-18, 25-20), before falling to the nationally-ranked Wildcats in three sets (26-24, 25-21, 25-18) Sunday.
- Junior Brenna McIlroy led all student-athletes with 20 kills in the team’s win vs. Tennessee. That total was a season-best for the Garland, Texas, product.
- Sophomore Karis Beasley reached a career-high against the Volunteers, totaling 16 digs for the Tigers.
- Senior setter Alexa Filley is no stranger to the Auburn record books. The Louisville product recently became just the second Tiger to eclipse 4,500 assists and is the only AU setter in rally scoring to reach that mark. She has 4,585 helpers to her name to rank second in program history.
- Filley is among the SEC best in assists so far this season, ranking fourth overall with a 10.88 assists/set average. She also is second in the SEC with 16 double-doubles (assists/digs) this year, averaging 2.92 digs/set for Auburn.
- Senior Jesse Earl is averaging 5.06 digs/set to rank first in the conference and is No. 32 nationally. Her 5.33 digs/set in SEC play is also first in the league. She has totaled double-digit digs in 22 of 23 matches this year.
- Earl's 1,573 career digs rank second in Auburn history.
- Sophomore Shaina White is third in the conference and No. 21 nationally in hitting efficiency, having 247 kills on the year with a .400 attack percentage.
- McIlroy leads the team with 256 kills and a 2.91 average. The outside hitter is 60 kills away from 1,000 in her career.
- The LSU Tigers are 18-7 on the year with a 9-5 SEC mark to rank fourth in the conference. The team is coming off a 3-0 sweep of Mississippi State Friday in Starkville.
- LSU ranks third in the SEC with a .192 opponent hitting percentage over all matches and is fourth in blocking at 2.47/set.
- Sophomore Jacqui Armer is fourth in the league with a 1.25 blocks/set average, while her 1.11 average against conference foes is sixth.
- Sophomore setter Anna Zwiebel has a 9.90 assists/set average for sixth in the league.
- Junior Olivia Beyer is 10th in the SEC with a .318 hitting percentage, while her .332 clip ranks ninth against SEC-only opponents.
- Freshman Taylor Bannister is ninth vs. league foes with a 3.31 kills/set average.
A WIN OVER LSU WOULD...
- Split the series in 2017.
- Give Auburn it's first win in Baton Rouge since 2013.
- LSU leads the all-time series 42-15, dating back to 1977. Auburn has won four of the last seven meetings.
- Prior to Auburn's win at home in 2013, LSU had won 22 straight dating back to 2001.
- This will be the 26th meeting between Auburn and LSU in Baton Rouge. LSU holds a commanding 21-5 record against Auburn when playing at home.
- Three of the last four meetings has seen the two squads battle to five sets.
Auburn closes out its home schedule Sunday, Nov. 19, in Auburn Arena, hosting Mississippi State in a 1:30 p.m. CT match. The contest will serve as the team's Senior Day and the squad will recognize its four senior leaders prior to the match - Courtney Crable, Jesse Earl, Alexa Filley, Macy Reece.