12-8/5-6 vs. 16-8/4-6
|Wednesday, Nov. 1||7 p.m. CT|
|Auburn vs. Alabama|
AUBURN, Ala. – The Auburn volleyball team (12-8, 5-6) welcomes rival Alabama to Auburn Arena for a Wednesday night tilt, Nov. 1. The Tigers and the Crimson Tide will face off for the first time this year at 7 p.m. CT in Auburn Arena and the match will be broadcast live on SEC Network.
Wednesday’s match-up is the volleyball team’s All Auburn, All Orange match. Fans are encouraged to wear orange and orange shakers will be handed out. In addition, the Auburn men’s basketball team will hold its Beat Bama with Auburn Basketball event as members of the team will be handing out hotdog vouchers to students in attendance. The men’s basketball schedule cards and posters will also be available to fans in attendance.
- Auburn used a collective effort to earn a 3-1 (20-25, 29-27, 25-18, 25-22) win at South Carolina Sunday night in the Carolina Volleyball Center, snapping a five-match skid.
- Junior Brenna McIlroy led the way with a season-high 17 kills to go with 17 digs for her fifth double-double of the season.
- Freshman Anna Stevenson of Laurens, S.C., had a career day for the Tigers, having 13 kills and eight blocks.
- McIlroy won both SEC Player and Offensive Player of the Week honors for her performance against South Carolina, the league office announced Monday. Both recognitions are the first in McIlroy’s career. - The Garland, Texas, product was named SEC Freshman of the Week three times in 2015.
- The Auburn back row ranks fourth in the SEC with a 15.61 digs/set average, while the team's 15.67 mark in conference-only play is tied for second.
- Senior Jesse Earl is averaging 5.04 digs/set to rank first in the conference and is No. 35 nationally. Her 5.37 digs/set in SEC play is also first in the league. She has totaled double-digit digs in 19 of Auburn's 20 matches this year.
- Setter Alexa Filley is among the best in the SEC in assists so far this season, ranking fourth overall with a 10.72 assists/set average.
- Filley is second on the team in digs this season with a 2.78 average. She is third in the conference with 13 double-doubles (assists/digs) this year.
- Sophomore Shaina White is fourth in the conference and No. 34 nationally in hitting efficiency, having 203 kills on the year with a .390 attack percentage
- Auburn is averaging 1.33 aces/set both overall and against SEC-only opponents. That mark ranks second in both categories in the league.
- Offensively, Auburn is fourth in kills/set overall and is averaging 13.55 kills/set on the season. The team's 13.51 mark vs. the league is fifth.
- The Alabama Crimson Tide enter the week at 16-8 overall with a 4-6 mark in SEC competition. The Tide is coming off a sweep of Mississippi State (Oct. 27) in Starkville.
- Alabama was selected to finish 10th in the SEC according to the Preseason Coaches' Poll.
- Junior libero Quincey Gary is among the league's best in the back row, ranking third with a 4.57 digs/set average. Her 4.38 mark in SEC-only play is fourth.
- Senior Leah Lawrence is exceling both offensively and defensively for the Tide. Her 1.11 blocks/set average on the season is ninth in the conference, while her 2.51 kills/set is second on the team.
- In addition, Lawrence's .29 aces/set average is eighth in the SEC.
- Freshman setter Meghan Neelon comes in fifth in the SEC with a 10.14 assists average.
A WIN OVER ALABAMA WOULD...
- Be Auburn's second-straight win over the Crimson Tide at home.
- Be Auburn's sixth SEC victory of the season.
- Alabama leads the series with a 46-31 record, dating back to 1974.
- The storied series has been streaky for both teams throughout the years - the Tide went 15-3 in the 70s, Auburn was 16-4 in the 90s, Alabama was 12-2 in the early 00s.
- Auburn snapped a long Alabama winning streak in 2009 and captured five-straight Ws until 2012.
Following a much-earned, week-long break from competition, the Tigers host a pair of SEC opponents in Auburn Arena. The Tigers will welcome Tennessee to the Plains for a Thursday-night match, Nov. 9, starting at 7 p.m. CT. Auburn follows with a rematch with No. 6 Kentucky, Nov. 12, in Auburn Arena starting at 1:30 p.m. CT. Both matches will be streamed live on SEC Network+.