11-8/4-6 vs. 10-11/3-6
|Sunday, Oct. 29||12:30 p.m. CT|
|Auburn at South Carolina|
AUBURN, Ala. – The second half of the Southeastern Conference season kicks off Sunday, Oct. 29, as the Auburn volleyball team (11-8, 4-6) travels to Columbia, S.C., for a 12:30 p.m. CT match vs. South Carolina. The Tigers and the Gamecocks will go head-to-head in the Carolina Volleyball Center.
- Auburn faced No. 4 Florida Sunday afternoon, Oct. 22, and fell to the Gators, 3-1 (25-16, 17-25, 25-19, 25-15), in Auburn Arena.
- Junior Brenna McIlroy had a team-best 10 kills in the match, while freshman Anna Stevenson added nine kills on a .467 hitting percentage. Sophomores Gwyn Jones and Shaina White chipped in seven kills apiece.
- Senior setter Alexa Filley picked up her 12th double-double of the season with 31 assists and 11 digs.
- Sophomore Karis Beasley tied a career-high with 13 digs in the back row, while senior libero Jesse Earl added nine.
- Filley is among the best in the SEC in assists so far this season, ranking fourth overall with a 10.65 assists/set average.
- The Auburn back row ranks fourth in the SEC with a 15.58 digs/set average, while the team's 16.64 mark in conference-only play is also fourth.
- Earl is averaging 5.12 digs/set to rank first in the conference and is No. 32 nationally. Her 5.56 digs/set in SEC play is also first in the league. She has totaled double-digit digs in 18 of Auburn's 19 matches this year.
- Auburn is the conference leader from the service line, averaging 1.28 aces/set against SEC-only opponents. The team's 1.31 average overall is tied for second.
- S. White is fourth in the conference and No. 32 nationally in hitting efficiency, having 191 kills on the year with a .394 attack percentage. She set a career-high at Tennessee with 19 kills.
SCOUTING SOUTH CAROLINA
- The South Carolina Gamecocks stand at 10-11 on the season with a 3-6 mark in SEC play. The squad is coming off a road loss to No. 4 Florida, falling to the Gators in straight sets.
- Sophomore Mikayla Shields leads the team with 279 kills on the season with a 3.49 kills/set average. That mark is sixth in the league.
- Junior Aubrey Ezell is one of the SEC's best from the service line, ranking second overall with a .46 aces/set average. Her .33 clip vs. the SEC is tied for sixth.
- In addition, Ezell's 4.58 digs/set mark against conference-only opponents is second. Overall, Ezell is averaging 4.50 digs/set for the Gamecocks to come in fourth.
- Freshman Mikayla Robinson has a team-best 77 blocks on the season with a .97 blocks/set average.
A WIN OVER SOUTH CAROLINA WOULD...
- Be Auburn's 11th win over South Carolina in the last 15 meetings.
- Give Auburn the edge in the series in matches played in Columbia.
- Give Auburn its fifth win in SEC play.
AUBURN-SOUTH CAROLINA SERIES
- South Carolina leads the all-time series, 23-18.
- The series is tied at 10-10 in matches played in Columbia.
- The Gamecocks captured the win in the first meeting this year, topping the Tigers in four sets (25-29, 27-25, 22-25, 25-19) in Auburn Arena, Oct. 18.
- The Tigers have been very successful vs. the Gamecocks as of late. Since 2009, Auburn is 11-4 overall vs. SC.
Auburn returns to The Plains for a Wednesday night tilt, hosting rival Alabama. The Tigers and the Crimson Tide will square off at 7 p.m. CT and the match will be broadcast live on SEC Network.