11-6/4-4 vs. 9-9/2-4
|Wednesday, Oct. 18||7 p.m. CT|
|Auburn vs. South Carolina|
AUBURN, Ala. – The Auburn volleyball team (11-6, 4-4 SEC) returns to The Plains and takes on South Carolina Wednesday, Oct. 18, in Auburn Arena. The Tigers and the Gamecocks will face off at 7 p.m. CT
The match will be televised live on SEC Network. Courtney Lyle and Jenny Hazelwood will be on the call.
It’s Wing Wednesday in Auburn Arena vs. the Gamecocks. Free wings will be available for fans while supplies last so get to campus early!
- The Auburn volleyball team dropped a 3-1 (16-25, 25-22, 27-25, 25-19) match at Texas A&M Sunday afternoon in Reed Arena.
- Senior Courtney Crable reached a season-best with 13 kills to lead the Tigers. Freshman Anna Stevenson tied a career high with 12, while sophomore Shaina White finished with nine.
- Senior setter Alexa Filley picked up her 11th double-double of the season, recording 44 assists and 11 digs.
- Senior libero Jesse Earl had a match-high 16 digs for the Tiger defense. Sophomore Karis Beasley reached a career-high with 13 and junior Brenna McIlroy totaled 12.
- The Auburn back row ranks third in the SEC with a 15.89 digs/set average, while the team's 16.29 mark in conference-only play is No. 1 in the league.
- Earl is averaging 5.30 digs/set to rank first in the conference and is in the Top 25 nationally. Her 6.03 digs/set in SEC play is also first in the league. She has totaled double-digit digs in all 17 matches this year.
- Filley is among the best in the SEC in assists so far this season, ranking third overall with a 10.78 assists/set average. In addition, she is second on the team in digs this season with a 2.83 average. She is tied for third in the conference with 11 double-doubles (assists/digs) this year.
- Auburn ranks second in kills against league foes, having a 13.84 average.
- Sophomore Shaina White is fifth in the conference and in the Top 20 nationally in hitting efficiency, having 173 kills on the year with a .406 attack percentage
- Behind three-straight, double-digit kill performances, Crable is 100 kills away from 1,000 in her time here at Auburn.
SCOUTING SOUTH CAROLINA
- The South Carolina Gamecocks stand at 9-9 on the season with a 2-4 mark in SEC play. The squad is coming off a pair of loses in conference action, falling in straight-sets at Arkansas (Oct. 13) and at home vs. Ole Miss (Oct. 15).
- The Gamecocks were selected to finish seventh in the SEC according to the Preseason Coaches' Poll.
- Sophomore Mikayla Shields leads the team with 245 kills on the season with a 3.60 kills/set average. That mark is sixth in the league, while her 3.29 average vs. the SEC is eighth.
- Shields is also among the conference's Top 10 in points, having a 4.18/set average overall and a 3.81 against the league.
- Junior Aubrey Ezell is one of the SEC's best from the service line, ranking second overall with a .49 aces/set average. Her .33 clip vs. the SEC is tied for eighth.
- In addition, Ezell's 4.54 digs/set mark against conference-only opponents is second. Overall, Ezell is averaging 4.47 digs/set for the Gamecocks.
A WIN OVER SOUTH CAROLINA WOULD...
- Be Auburn's 11th win over South Carolina in the last 14 meetings and its fifth-straight victory vs. SC.
- Give Auburn its ninth win at home over the Gamecocks.
- Give Auburn its fifth win in SEC play.
AUBURN-SOUTH CAROLINA SERIES
- South Carolina leads the all-time series, 22-18.
- The Gamecocks hold an 11-9 advantage in matches played in Auburn.
- The Tigers have been very successful vs. the Gamecocks as of late. Since 2009, Auburn is 11-3 overall vs. SC.
Auburn remains at home in Auburn Arena as the Tigers welcome nationally-ranked Florida to The Plains. Auburn and the No. 4 Gators are set to square off at 1:30 p.m. CT and the match will be broadcast live on SEC Network+. The meeting will be Auburn's fifth contest against a nationally-ranked opponent this season and second against a Top 10 team.