AUBURN, Ala. -The No. 49 Auburn women's tennis team fell 6-1 to the 10th-ranked Vanderbilt Commodores on Friday at the Yarbrough Tennis Center.
10th-ranked doubles tandem Pleun Burgmans and Emily Flickinger won the doubles match of the day, topping 24th-ranked Ashleigh Antal and Astra Sharma 8-5 on court one. The win moves Auburn's pair to 20-8 on the year.
However, Vanderbilt (12-5, 7-1 SEC) would take the doubles point with wins on court two and three.
In singles, Paula de Man dropped the first set of her match but battled back to win 4-6, 7-6 (7-4), 1-0 (10-4) to earn a point for Auburn (11-9, 1-7 SEC).
The Tigers close out the weekend against No. 18 Kentucky at noon on Sunday. Live stats for both matches can be found on AuburnTigers.com. Admission is free to all home matches at the Yarbrough Tennis Center.
Auburn returns to the road to take on Mississippi State on April 1 at 2 p.m. and against Alabama on April 4 at 1 p.m.
For the latest on Auburn women's tennis follow @AuburnWTennis on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AuburnWTennis.
Auburn Women's Tennis Results
March 27, 2015
Yarbrough Tennis Center - Auburn, Ala.
#10 Vanderbilt 6, #49 Auburn 1
1. #12 Sydney Campbell (VU) def. #68 Pleun Burgmans (AU) 6-3, 3-6, 7-5
2. #71 Astra Sharma (VU) def. Andie Dikosavljevic (AU) 6-3, 6-2
3. #100 Courtney Colton (VU) def. Emily Flickinger (AU) 6-2, 6-4
4. Paula de Man (AU) def. #111 Frances Altick (VU) 4-6, 7-6 (7-4), 1-0 (10-4)
5. #98 Marie Casares (VU) def. Jen Pfeifler (AU) 7-5, 6-1
6. Ashleigh Antal (VU) def. Mary Katherine Lewis (AU) 6-1, 6-2
1. #10 Pleun Burgmans/Emily Flickinger (AU) def. #24 Ashleigh Antal/Astra Sharma (VU) 8-5
2. #18 Courtney Colton/Sydney Campbell (VU) def. Michala Kucharova/Paula de Man (AU) 8-3
3. Frances Altick/Marie Casares (VU) def. Andie Dikosavljevic/Jen Pfeifler (AU) 8-5
Vanderbilt Women's Tennis 12-5, 7-1 SEC; National ranking #10
Auburn Women's Tennis 11-9, 1-7 SEC; National ranking #49
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (6,2,3,5)