Feb. 26, 2013
Auburn, Ala. -
- Auburn hosts the War Eagle Classic for the 10th time since 2000. Auburn is 32-5 all-time in the War Eagle Classic and has won 14 straight in the tournament. The Tigers’ last loss in the War Eagle Classic came on Feb. 22, 2009, to Purdue in a 3-1 defeat.
- Auburn is a combined 17-3 against the team competing in the War Eagle Classic. Auburn is 1-0 against Charlotte and Southern, 4-0 against Gardner-Webb, 10-2 against Middle Tennessee and 1-1 against Minnesota.
- Auburn’s 11-10 loss to Kansas on Feb. 22, in the Grand Islanders Classic, snapped a streak of 151 consecutive wins when scoring eight runs or more. The Tigers had never lost when scoring at least eight runs in a game prior to the loss to the Jayhawks.
- The Tigers are 255-11 all-time when scoring six runs or more in a game.
- The date Feb. 22 has been good for the long ball for the Tigers in each of the past two seasons. Auburn has hit four home runs in a game on Feb. 22 in 2012 and 2013. Last season, the Tigers hit four homers in a 9-1 win over Georgia State, with Brooke Lathan hitting a pair of home runs. Morgan Estell and Baylee Stephens added homers that day. This season, Auburn hit four home runs against Kansas in an 11-10 loss. Branndi Melero hit a pair of home runs while Caitlin Schultze and Brooke Lathan each went yard.
- In the month of March, Auburn has an all-time record of 173-142 (.549). Since 2005, Auburn has posted a 99-54 (.647) record in the month of March. The 2005 Tigers had the highest winning percentage in the month with a .789 mark, going 15-4. The 2008 Tigers won the most games in March, registering a 17-7 record. Auburn has had a winning record in the month of March in eight of the last nine seasons, with the only exception coming in 2007 with a 9-12 record.