Nov. 3, 2008
We want to start the preseason out by introducing the gymnasts to Tiger fans. Every Monday throughout this upcoming year, we will uniquely get to know one of our gymnasts by asking them interesting questions about themselves.
By doing this, everyone can get to know them a little better-- not just as an athlete, but as a student, a family member and a friend. This week, the spotlight is on Rachel Inniss from Rio Rancho, N.M. Inniss is currently a sophomore at Auburn majoring in accounting.
3. What is your hometown best known for?
The Balloon Fiesta
4. What is your fondest childhood memory?
Family gatherings on holidays
5. What do you like to do in your spare time other than gymnastics?
Hang out with friends
6. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you (not related to gymnastics)?
I was one of the top track runners at my high school
7. What is your favorite room in your house/apartment and why?
My room and kitchen, because both rooms are my taste and also very comfortable
8. What are the top songs in your iPod?
Last year's top songs, because I am slow at updating it
9. What is the best movie or DVD you have seen recently?
10. What is the one luxury item that you could not do without?
11. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you take with you?
Gum, queso and phone
12. Who is your favorite athlete?
13. What is your favorite food?
14.If you could have one super power, what would it be?
15. What was the most defining moment in your life?
Getting a scholarship
16. What is your motto?
Everything will work out how it is supposed to
17. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
Sarcastic, energetic and outgoing
18. Why did you choose Auburn?
It was completely different from home, and I loved the environment
19. What is the best thing about being a gymnast at Auburn?
The team unity
20. What is your favorite thing to do during practice?
Dance to random songs
21. What do you like to do while the team is traveling-- homework, read, watch movies, etc.?
Catch up on some much-needed sleep
22. Who is the funniest gymnast on the team?
23. What is your pre-meet/pre-event ritual?
I like to watch old gymnastics meets on my iPod
24.Why should other gymnasts consider coming to Auburn?
The experience is great, and you gain a family in the process
25. What is your favorite place on campus and why?
The new student union, because they have good food
26. What do you envision doing as a career after earning your degree at Auburn?
I am not sure yet, but I may do accounting
27. What do you enjoy about the town of Auburn?
I like the small town feel and the sense of tradition
28. What is your favorite Auburn tradition?
I love the video that they show before football games
29. Why do you like Auburn?
It is completely different from what I am used to
30. Why should others consider coming to Auburn?
Who does not like wearing orange and blue?