We want to start the preseason out by introducing the gymnasts to Tiger fans. Every Monday throughout this upcoming year, we will uniquely get to know one of our gymnasts by asking them interesting questions about themselves.
By doing this, everyone can get to know them a little better-- not just as an athlete, but as a student, a family member and a friend. This week, the spotlight is on Carmen Nelms from Stone Mountain, Ga. Nelms is currently a junior at Auburn majoring in psychology.
3. What is your hometown best known for?
Stone Mountain Park
4. What is your fondest childhood memory?
Trips to Boston
5. What do you like to do in your spare time other than gymnastics?
Hang out with friends
6. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you (not related to gymnastics)?
I'm a twin"
7. What is your favorite room in your house/apartment and why?
My room because I can get away from everything if I want to.
8. What are the top songs in your iPod?
"Whatever You Like" by T.I., "Everybody Nose" by NERD featuring Kanye West
9. What is the best movie or DVD you have seen recently?
Katt William's American Hustle
10. What is the one luxury item that you could not do without?
11. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you take with you?
Cell phone, digital camera, a book
12. Who is your favorite athlete?
13. What is your favorite food?
14. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
15. What is your motto?
"Live, Laugh, Love"
16. What words would you use to describe yourself?
17. Why did you choose Auburn?
It is a SEC school and I wanted to be on the gymnastics team.
18. What is the best thing about being a gymnast at Auburn?
My team is close
19. What is your favorite thing to do during practice?
20. What do you like to do while the team is traveling-- homework, read, watch movies, etc.?
Shop, watch movies, study
21. What is your pre-meet/pre-event ritual?
Listening to my iPod
22. What are your favorite classes at Auburn?
Psychology of Learning
23. What is your favorite place on campus and why?
The new Foy
24. What do you envision doing as a career after earning your degree at Auburn?
Clinical psychologist or lawyer
25. What do you enjoy about the town of Auburn?
Its dedication to athletics.
26. What is your favorite Auburn tradition?
Rolling Toomer's Corner
27. Why do you like Auburn?
It is a college town.
28. Why should others consider coming to Auburn?
It is fun and the people are friendly.