Sept. 15, 2008
We want to start the gymnastics preseason off by introducing the gymnasts to Tiger fans. Every Monday throughout this upcoming year, we will uniquely get to know one of our gymnasts by asking them interesting questions about themselves.
By doing this, everyone can get to know them a little better-- not just as an athlete, but as a student, a family member and a friend. This week, the spotlight is on Lindsey Puckett from Dacula, GA. Puckett is currently a senior at Auburn majoring in supply chain management.
3. What is your hometown best known for?
Mall of Georgia
4. What do you like to do in your spare time other than gymnastics?
5. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you (not related to gymnastics)?
I can play golf and tennis
6. What is one out of the gym talent that you have that few people know about
I like to play golf
7. What is your favorite room in your house/apartment and why?
The living room because it is very "homey" and it is the place where we can hang out together
8. What are the top songs in your iPod?
Louder than Creation- North Point Church and Straight Lines- Silverchair
9. What is the best movie or DVD you have seen recently?
10. What is the one luxury item that you could not do without?
Perfume or anything in the kitchen
11. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you take with you?
Water, axe/weapon/knife, matches
12. Who is your favorite athlete?
13. What is your favorite food?
14. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
15. What was the most defining moment in your life?
When I became a Christian
16. What is your motto?
"Can't we all just get along?"
17. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
Serious, sensitive, generous
18. Why did you choose Auburn?
Loved the girls, knew the coaches, and close to home
19. What is your favorite thing to do during practice?
20. What do you like to do while the team is traveling, homework, read, watch movies, etc.?
21. Who is the funniest gymnast on the team?
22. Who is the most under-rated gymnast on the team?
I feel like we are all great
23. What is your pre-meet/pre-event ritual?
McAlister's before a home meet and visualizing great routines
24. What superstitions do you have?
I am a very routine person so I do things the same each practice and meet
25. So far, what is the most defining moment you've had as a gymnast at Auburn
Missing an event gave me the fire to make it next time
26. Why should other gymnasts consider coming to Auburn?
Great athletic program and awesome to be a part of the SEC program
27. What are your favorite classes at Auburn?
Supply chain and Logistics classes
28. What is your favorite place on campus and why?
The new Foy, because it has great food and modern architecture and cozy seating
29. What do you envision doing as a career after earning your degree at Auburn
Working in the supply chain industry
30. What do you enjoy about the town of Auburn?
The small town feel
31. What is your favorite Auburn tradition?
Toomer's lemonade, the eagle flying at football games
32. Why do you like Auburn?
I love the hometown, small town feel and the campus is beautiful
33. Why should others consider coming to Auburn?
It is a great school and a great athletic program