May 1, 2013
The 2013 season will go down as one of top seasons in the history of the Auburn gymnastics program.
During the 2013 season, Auburn posted the following record scores:
• Scored the highest team score in program history with the 197.175 against LSU.
• Scored the 4th highest team score in program history with a 196.725 against Missouri.
• Scored the 3rd best Floor Exercise total in program history against LSU with a 49.45.
• Posted the 2nd highest event score (Floor Ex. 49.525) in program history.
• Posted the 2nd highest Balance Beam score (49.425) in program history.
• Scored the highest SEC Conference Championship meet score (196.55) in program history.
• Scored highest NCAA Regional team score in history of program with 196.7 at Gainesville Regional. • The regional score was the 10th highest score in the country that weekend and would have been good enough to qualify Auburn to the NCAA Gymnastics Championship meet in four of the six regionals meets.
• Attained highest finish at NCAA Regionals since 2006 with 3rd place at Gainesville Regional.
• Caitlin Atkinson named SEC Freshman of the Week. It was only the third time in the last five seasons that Auburn has had a freshman receive this award and Atkinson is the second gymnast in the last two seasons (Bri Guy - 2012) to bring this award back to Auburn.
• Caitlin Atkinson was named SEC Gymnast of the Week. This is only the third time over five seasons that Auburn has had a gymnast receive this award.
• Posted seven consecutive scores of 196.000 or higher for first time in history of program.
• Recorded nine scores of 196.000 or higher out of 13 meets including one meet above 197, another program first.
• Posted second-highest team score in Tuscaloosa in program history and only the third score in Coleman Coliseum above a 196 in Auburn history.
• Defeated No. 6 LSU in Auburn Arena. It was only the fourth top 10 team, and the second highest ranked team, that Auburn gymnastics has ever defeated.
• Bri Guy, Caitlin Atkinson & Petrina Yokay each earned All-SEC Gymnastics Honors and Caitlin Atkinson earned All-Freshman Honors. It is the most All-SEC awards in one season in program history and ties for the most awards of any SEC team in 2013.
• Recorded six wins over Top 25 programs
• Auburn sent two All-Arounders to NCAA Nationals for first time since 2005. It marks only the third time in program history that Auburn has sent two All-Arounders to the NCAA Gymnastics Championship.
• Auburn attained a final season ranking of 13th. It is the second-highest finish in 20 years and ties for the third-highest finish in program history.
• The Tigers earned the highest RQS National Final Ranking finish (12th) since 1993, which was also the second highest overall finish in program history.
• Bri Guy placed 19th in the All-Around at the NCAA Gymnastics Championship and was the first Auburn gymnast since 2008 to place in the All-Around. The 19th place All-Around finish ties Guy with Becky Erwin (1994) for 6th-place on Auburn’s all-time list.
• Caitlin Atkinson earned First-Team All-American honors on vault in the 2013 NCAA Gymnastics Championships. She is the first Auburn gymnast to earn All-American honors since Julie Dwyer in 2008 and the first freshman gymnast in Auburn program history to ever receive First-Team All-American status. Atkinson is only the ninth Auburn Gymnast, and the 14th overall All-American, to earn this honor in Auburn program history.