Feb. 17, 2010
1. Name: Carmen Michelle Nelms
2. Nickname: "C", "Carm", "Carmello"
3. What is your hometown of Stone Mountain, Georgia best known for? Stone Mountain Park
4. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you (not related to gymnastics)? I have a twin brother and we have different birthdays
5. What is your favorite room in your house/apartment and why? My bedroom. My bed is in there and I love when I have time during the day to take a nap in my bed, it's super comfy!
6. What are the top songs in your iPod? "Your Love is My Drug" and "Blah Blah Blah" by Ke$ha
7. What is the one luxury item that you could not do without? Cell phone. I text like it's my job, and now that cell phones have internet it would be like having a phone and a computer... perfect!
8. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you take with you? Cell phone, my friends, and a boat, lol.
9. Who is your favorite athlete? Reggie Bush and Derrick Rose
10. What is your favorite food? Lobster!
11. What is your motto? "Get it!" -Maya Wickus
12. What word would you use to describe yourself? Chill
13. What is your favorite thing to do during practice? When we huddle up in a team circle and do our chant before and after workouts.
14. What is your pre-meet/pre-event ritual? Swag Surfing with the team in the locker room
15. What are your favorite classes at Auburn? Addictive Behaviors was a really interesting class as well as all of the other psychology classes I've taken.
16. What is your favorite place on campus and why? The student center because that's where I see a lot of my "muggle" (non-athlete) friends, lol.
17. What do you envision doing as a career after earning your degree at Auburn?
18. What do you enjoy about the town of Auburn? I really like how the town is centered around it's sports. It's a lot of fun during football season!
19. What is your favorite Auburn tradition? The "War Eagle" at the beginning of every football game.
20. Why should others consider coming to Auburn? Auburn has a great atmosphere, a great campus, and great local food places... What more could you ask for?!