Jan. 20, 2009
We want to start the season out by introducing the gymnasts to Tiger fans. Every Monday throughout this season, we will uniquely get to know one of our gymnasts by asking them interesting questions about themselves.
By doing this, everyone can get to know them a little better-- not just as an athlete, but as a student, a family member and a friend. This week, the spotlight is on Allyson Sandusky from Brookeville, Md. Sandusky is currently a freshman at Auburn, and her major is undecided.
3. What is your hometown best known for?
"Crab cakes and football. That's what Maryland does."
4. What is your fondest childhood memory?
When I got my new Dalmatian backpack-- I was so excited to wear it
5. What do you like to do in your spare time other than gymnastics?
I like to hang out with friends
6. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you (not related to gymnastics)?
I do not like seafood
7. What is one out of the gym talent that you have that few people know about?
8. What is your favorite room in your house/apartment and why?
The kitchen, because I love food
9. What are the top songs in your iPod?
"Love You Out Loud" by Rascal Flatts, "Should've Said No" by Taylor Swift and "Hot N Cold" by Katy Perry
10. What is the best movie or DVD you have seen recently?
11. What is the one luxury item that you could not do without?
12. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you take with you?
Nail file, toothbrush and deodorant
13. Who is your favorite athlete?
14. What is your favorite food?
15. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Everything but seafood
16. What was the most defining moment in your life?
Making the Jr. Olympic National Team
17. What is your motto?
Live life to the fullest with no regrets
18. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
Funny, outgoing and unique
19. Why did you choose Auburn?
It has a great academics, and I love everything about the gymnastics program
20. What is the best thing about being a gymnast at Auburn?
Having so many great friends and teammates that will always be there for me
21. What is your pre-meet/pre-event ritual?
Just to relax and not worry too much
22. What are your favorite classes at Auburn?
23. What do you enjoy about the town of Auburn?
It gives a feeling of "home"-- everyone is always so polite and nice
24. Why do you like Auburn?
The campus is beautiful
25. Why should others consider coming to Auburn?
There are no regrets about coming here-- Auburn always something fun for college students to do