Jan. 12, 2009
We want to start the season out by introducing the gymnasts to Tiger fans. Every Monday throughout this season, we will uniquely get to know one of our gymnasts by asking them interesting questions about themselves.
By doing this, everyone can get to know them a little better-- not just as an athlete, but as a student, a family member and a friend. This week, the spotlight is on Kelsie Montgomery from Jacksonville, Fl. Montgomery is currently a freshman at Auburn, and her major is business.
3. What is your hometown best known for?
4. What is your fondest childhood memory?
Hanging out at the baseball park
5. What do you like to do in your spare time other than gymnastics?
Shop, lay out, watch television and nap
6. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you (not related to gymnastics)?
I've also danced for 12 years
7. What is one out of the gym talent that you have that few people know about?
8. What is your favorite room in your house/apartment and why?
My bedroom, because it gives me a place to just relax and get away from stress
9. What are the top songs in your iPod?
"You Look Good in My Shirt" and "7 Things I Hate about You"
10. What is the one luxury item that you could not do without?
11. Who is your favorite athlete?
12. What is your favorite food?
13. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
14. What was the most defining moment in your life?
Committing to Auburn
15. What is your motto?
16. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
"Live. Laugh. Love."
Strong-willed, driven and independent
17. Why did you choose Auburn?
I liked the coaches, and I wanted to be a part of the SEC
18. What is the best thing about being a gymnast at Auburn?
The "family" atmosphere
19. What is your favorite thing to do during practice?
20. Who is the funniest gymnast on the team?
21. What is your pre-meet/pre-event ritual?
Almond M&Ms and Redbull
22. What superstitions do you have?
I have to listen to my iPod
23. So far, what is the most defining moment you've had as a gymnast at Auburn?
Getting to Auburn
24. Why should other gymnasts consider coming to Auburn?
We have a very close team with great coaches
25. What are your favorite classes at Auburn?
26. What is your favorite place on campus and why?
27. What do you envision doing as a career after earning your degree at Auburn?
Coaching and owning my own gymnastics facility
28. What do you enjoy about the town of Auburn?
It gives you a sense of feeling like home
29. What is your favorite Auburn tradition?
30. Why do you like Auburn?
It is not too big, and everyone is very friendly
31. Why should others consider coming to Auburn?
It is a great school with a lot of tradition