Oct. 13, 2011
AUBURN - Auburn University will be hosting the Tiger Hoops Madness on Friday at 7 p.m. at Auburn Arena. The event will be the first opportunity for fans to see head coach Tony Barbee and the men's team along with head coach Nell Fortner and the women's team as they begin preparations for the 2011-12 season.
Tiger Hoops Madness is free to the public and will also feature a Fan Fest on the lawn outside the main entrance of the arena. The Fan Fest will open at 5 p.m. and will include inflatable games for kids, a face painter, and a balloon artist. In addition, both the men's and women's basketball teams will be available for an autograph session beginning at 5:45 p.m.
Former Auburn head coach Sonny Smith and stars John Mengelt and Marquis Daniels along with former Tiger golfer Jason Dufner, the 2011 PGA Championship runner-up and 2011 Phoenix Open runner-up, will be among the judges for the Slam Dunk Contest.
"I am extremely excited about the tip-off of basketball season with Tiger Hoops Madness," said Barbee. "It is going to be a fun-filled evening for the students, our fans and my team. It's a great way to welcome back the guys and meet the new players. There is going to be plenty of planned events and surprises for everybody. Get there early for a good seat."
The arena doors will open at 6 p.m. and on-court festivities will begin at 7 p.m. Festivities will include team introductions, on-court activities from both teams with appearances by the Auburn cheerleaders, Tiger Paws, AU Pep Band and Aubie. Team activities for the men will include a slam dunk contest and an intra-squad scrimmage. Team activities for the women will include a three-point shootout and a dribble battle.
"We are very excited about this event and the opportunity to show our fans what they can expect when they come out to Auburn Arena this season," said Fortner. "We have seven players coming back that started for us last year and a couple of new players that we are really excited about. It is going to be a great year for Auburn basketball and we can't wait to get it started."
All fans in attendance will have the opportunity to win various prizes throughout the night. Prizes include two pairs of tickets to the Auburn vs. Florida football game, an Under Armour gift certificate, an Under Armour sideline polo, a white Under Armour sideline jacket, a free round of golf at any Alabama Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail course and more.
Seating for Tiger Hoops Madness is general admission and fans may enter through the north entrance of the arena or through the Scholarship entrance. The blue bleacher seating on the floor level will be reserved for AU students who will enter through the student entrance with a valid Auburn Ignited card.
Season tickets for 2011-12 are available now with prices starting at just $125 for a men's ticket and $50 for the women. Potential season ticket holders will be given the opportunity to learn more about their ticket options throughout the October 14th event. A booth will be set-up at the main entrance where fans can inquire about seating information, be taken on a personal tour, experience various seating locations first-hand, and purchase tickets on the spot.
Fans can also order tickets online by visiting www.AubTix.com , by phone at 1-855-282-2010 or in person at the Auburn Arena Ticket Office located at 250 Beard-Eaves Court (open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. CT).
· Auburn Arena doors open at 6 p.m. and on-court festivities begin at 7 p.m.
· Fan Fest will open at 5 p.m. outside the north entrance of Auburn Arena
· Seating in the arena is general admission and fans may enter via the north entrance or Scholarship entrance
· Floor level bleacher seating is reserved for AU students entering though the student entrance with a valid Auburn Ignited card
· Prohibited Items: Umbrellas, video cameras, cameras with detachable lenses, backpacks, recording devices, artificial noisemakers, food/beverage containers, bottles, weapons, pets, stadium seats with arms, alcoholic beverages and other items deemed inappropriate or hazardous by gate / security personnel are not allowed inside Auburn Athletics facilities.
· The Auburn Team Shop will be open from 9 a.m. through the end of the event
· Concession stands will be open throughout the event
· The parking lots surrounding Auburn Arena will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis with the exception of the Beard-Eaves Memorial Coliseum lot which will be unavailable for this event.
· ADA parking will be available in the Auburn Arena lot. Additional ADA parking can be found in the parking deck on the southeast side of Jordan-Hare Stadium and the lot on the corner of Donahue and Magnolia (Old Credit Union Lot)
· Cars parked in on-campus parking lots for Tiger Hoops Madness on Friday night that do not have a football parking permit must be removed by no later than midnight on Friday. Remaining cars in those lots without permits will be towed.
** All times are Central Standard Time