Dec. 17, 2005
- Auburn's starting lineup consisted of seniors Marita Payne and Nitasha Brown, sophomore Aileen Rossouw and freshmen DeWanna Bonner and Whitney Boddie... This is the second time this season Auburn has used this lineup... The Tigers also used this lineup in their 78-49 win over Western Carolina... Payne has started 38straight games dating back to the start of the 2004-05 season... Bonner and Brown have started every game this season... Boddie has started the last six games... Rossouw's start is the second of her career.
- This is the first-ever meeting between the two schools... Auburn is now 1-0 all-time against the Ragin' Cajuns.
- With the win, Auburn improved to 8-3 in the month of December under head coach Nell Fortner... In two years, Fortner has an overall record of 22-17.
- This was the first victory this season by the Tigers that wasn't by at least 21 points.
- Auburn held Louisiana-Lafayette without a field goal the last 3:22... There were seven lead changes during the game.
- Marita Payne had nine rebounds... For her career, Payne ranks 19th in Auburn history with 525 rebounds... Tara Williams (1995-97) ranks 18th in school history with 539 rebounds.
- Nitasha Brown scored 12 of her 18 points in the first half... Her 18 points tied a season high... She previously scored 18 at Chattanooga on Dec. 4, 2005... She has now scored in double figures five times this season, including three games in a row.
- Brown's four three-pointers tied a career high... She also had four threes against Buffalo on Nov. 22, 2005.
- Whitney Boddie reached double figures for the sixth time this season and third game in a row with 18 points... She has set a new career high in points each of the last three games.
- Boddie also set a new career high in rebounds with eight and steals with five... Her previous high in rebounds was six against Xavier on Dec. 2, 2005... Her previous high in steals was four vs. George Mason on Nov. 27, 2005.
- Payne recorded the 300th block of her career with her third block of the game... She is just the fourth player in SEC history with at least 300 blocks... Florida's Vanessa Hayden is third all-time with 357 blocks... Payne extended her consecutive games streak with at least one block to 4.
- Leading 32-30, Auburn used a 22-4 run beginning at the 19:05 mark of the second half to take a 20-point lead (54-34).
- Lafayette opened the game with a 5-0 lead...
- With the game tied at eight, Auburn held the Ragin' Cajuns without a field goal for over seven minutes (16:46-9:41)... The Ragin' Cajuns followed the drought with a 7-0 run.
- 16:46-9:41 then went on 7-0 run
- Auburn led 32-28 at intermission... Auburn has now led in 8-of-10 games at the half... They are 6-2 when leading at the half.