Dec. 7, 2005
Final Stats |
- Auburn's starting lineup consisted of seniors Marita Payne and Nitasha Brown, sophomore Aileen Rossouw and freshmen DeWanna Bonner and Whitney Boddie... This is the first time this season Auburn has used this lineup... Payne has started 37 straight games dating back to the start of the 2004-05 season... Bonner and Brown have started every game this season... Boddie has started the last five games... Rossouw's start is the first of her career.
- This is the first-ever meeting between the two schools... Auburn is now 1-0 all-time against the Lady Catamounts.
- With the win, Auburn improved to 7-3 in the month of December under head coach Nell Fortner... In two years, Fortner has an overall record of 21-17.
- The Tigers made their first five field-goal attempts to start the game... Their first miss came at the 14:54 mark of the half...
- Auburn began the game on a 7-0 run and held Western Carolina without a field goal until the 16:50 mark of the first half.
- Auburn had four players score in double figures for the third time this year... Four players had also reached double figures against Jacksonville State and George Mason.
- All five of Auburn's victories have been by 21 points or more.
- Auburn outscored Western Carolina 46-10 in the paint.
- The Tigers' field-goal percentage of 60.9 (14-23) in the second half is a season high... The previous high was 60.6 percent against Jacksonville State (11/29).
- Auburn outscored Western Carolina on fast-break points 16-2... The 16 fast-break points were a season high for the Tigers.
- DeWanna Bonner scored 16 points on 6-of-8 shooting and now has scored in double figures six times this season, including three of the last four games.
- Marita Payne had nine rebounds... For her career, Payne ranks 19th in Auburn history with 516 rebounds... Tara Williams (1995-97) ranks 18th in school history with 539 rebounds.
- Payne tied a season-high five blocks... She previously had five blocks against Buffalo on Nov. 22... By recording her first block, Payne extended her consecutive games streak with at least one block to 40.
- KeKe Carrier had a career-high six blocks in just 11 minutes of play.
- Auburn had a season-high 12 blocks... The previous high was eight against Buffalo and George Mason.
- Whitney Boddie scored a career-high 16 points on 5-of-10 shooting... She finished 6-for-6 from the line... It is the fifth time this season she has reached double figures... Her previous high was 15 against Chattanooga.
- Chantelle Blakely played for the first time this season after being out with pre-existing leg injuries.
- Nitasha Brown scored in double figures for the fourth time this season with 10 points.
- Alexis Ogubie scored 10 points... She has now scored in double figures three times this year.
- Auburn led 38-24 at intermission... Auburn has now led in 7-of-9 games at the half... They are 5-2 when leading at the half.
- Joanna Clayden made two three-point attempts... All eight of her field goals this season have come beyond the arc.