Nov. 15, 2006
Box Score |
Auburn 84, Alabama State 47
November 15, 2006
· With the win, the Tigers are now 31-5 in home openers. Their last loss in a home debut came on Nov. 20, 1978 to Florida, 80-63.
· The victory moves Auburn's all-time record against Alabama State to 17-0.
· The last time AU was 2-0 to start the season was the 2002-03 season with wins over Troy State and Prairie View A&M. That squad started out 11-0.
· Sophomore Sherell Hobbs' 22 points marked a new career-high that was previously set last game at Western Carolina (17).
· Hobbs' 10 made free-throws were the most since DeWanna Bonner made 11 on Jan. 26, 2006 at home against Alabama.
· Senior Joanna Clayden's two rebounds and 15 points were new career-highs. Clayden's previous high in points was 14 at Arkansas on Jan. 12, 2006. Her five three-pointers were also a new career-best.
· Sophomore Whitney Boddie's nine assists were a new career-best.
· Sophomore KeKe Carrier's nine blocks were a career-high, and with one more swat she would have completed a triple double. Her 11 points and 10 boards gave her the first double-double by an Auburn player since Bonner posted 16 points and 10 rebounds versus Florida on Feb. 19, 2006.