Feb. 16, 2006
Final Stats |
- Auburn's starting lineup consisted of seniors Marita Payne and Nitasha Brown, and freshmen DeWanna Bonner, Chantelle Blakely, and KeKe Carrier... This is the second time this season Auburn has used this lineup... This marks Blakely's second career start... The Tigers are 0-2 when using this lineup... This is the ninth time this season that Auburn has started three freshmen... Payne has started 52 straight games dating back to the start of the 2004-05 season... Bonner, Brown and Payne have started every game this season...This is Carrier's tenth start of the season, and seventh in a row.
- This is the 26th all-time meeting between the two schools... Auburn leads the series 16-10... In games played at home, Auburn leads the series 9-4... Auburn has won 10 of the last 14 meetings. The Tigers last loss to the Gamecocks came on Feb. 23, 2003 in Columbia, S.C with a 65-64 loss.
- Auburn is now 0-4 in the month of February. In two years, head coach Nell Fortner has an overall record of 28-25. Her SEC mark is now 10-15.
- South Carolina scored the first basket of the game at the 17:49 mark... The Tigers registered their first field goal at the 16:41 mark of the first half on a layup by Bonner... South Carolina led the entire first half... The Tigers pulled to within three with 19 seconds left to play in the first half... The three-point halftime deficit was the Tigers smallest halftime deficit of the season.... The Tigers' smallest deficit prior to tonight came when they were down by four to Ole Miss on Feb. 12. Auburn is now 0-9 when trailing at halftime and 0-8 when scoring less than 60 points.
- In the first half, Auburn didn't record a point from the 7:17 to 1:31 mark, when Brown hit a three-pointer.
- Marita Payne had seven blocks and moved into second place in SEC history with 370 career blocks... She surpassed former Commodore Angela Gorsica (1994-97), who had 368 career blocks... She is just the fourth player in SEC history with at least 300 blocks... She leads the team with 100 blocks this season.
- Payne has recorded a block in 54 of her last 55 games... The only game she failed to record a block was on Jan. 29, 2006 vs. Mississippi State... She had strung together a streak of 50 games prior to the Tigers' 74-44 win over the Bulldogs.
- With DeWanna Bonner's 12 points, she surpassed Le'Coe Willingham and is now 10th in freshman scoring with 315 points... Bonner has reached double figures for the seventh time in the last eight games and 17th time this season.... She recorded her third career double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
- This marks the eighth time a freshman has recorded a double-double for the Tigers this season.
- With Marita Payne's five rebounds tonight, she now has 605 for her career and moved into 14th place in Auburn history in school history in rebounds... She passes Brenda Hill (1982-85) who moves down to 15th in school history with 604 rebounds.
- KeKe Carrier recorded her fourth career double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds... She has the most double-doubles as a freshman since Le'Coe Willingham recorded six double-doubles in 1999-00 as a freshman.
- Nitasha Brown reached double figures for the 15th time this season.
- This marks the fifth time this season three freshmen have scored in double figures... It also marks the seventh time this season four Tigers have reached double figures... The last time four Tigers scored in double figures came on Jan. 19, 2005 when Boddie, Bonner, Brown and Carrier all scored in double figures against Kentucky.