Feb. 5, 2006
- Auburn's starting lineup consisted of seniors Marita Payne and Nitasha Brown, and freshmen DeWanna Bonner, Whitney Boddie, and KeKe Carrier... This is the seventh time this season Auburn has used this lineup, including the fifth game in a row... The Tigers are 3-4 when using this lineup... This is the seventh time this season that Auburn has started three freshmen... Payne has started 50 straight games dating back to the start of the 2004-05 season... Bonner and Brown have started every game this season... Boddie has started the last 18 games dating back to the Nov. 26 George Mason game...This is Carrier's seventh start of the season, and fifth in a row.
- This is the 33rd all-time meeting between the two schools... Vanderbilt leads the series 17-16... In games played at home, Auburn leads the series 8-6... Vanderbilt has won the last 10 meetings, dating back to the Tigers last win on Jan. 16, 2000.
- Auburn's last win over Vanderbilt came Jan. 16, 2000, when the Tigers won 55-54 at Vanderbilt... Auburn's last win at home over the Commodores was on Jan. 10, 1999, when the Tigers won 64-55.
- Auburn led the entire game until Vanderbilt's Caroline Williams hit a three from the right wing with 4:03 to play, which gave the Commodores their first lead of the game at 52-51.
- Auburn is now 0-2 in the month of February. In two years, head coach Nell Fortner has an overall record of 28-23. Her SEC mark is now 10-14.
- Auburn's last win over a ranked opponent was Feb. 8, 2004, when No. 19 Auburn defeated No. 14 LSU 68-50 at Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum.
- Marita Payne had seven blocks and moved into third place in SEC history with 362 career blocks... She surpassed former Florida Gator Vanessa Hayden, who had 357 career blocks... Vanderbilt's Angela Gorsica (1994-97) is second on the career blocks list with 368 blocks... She is just the fourth player in SEC history with at least 300 blocks... She leads the team with 92 blocks this season.
- Payne has recorded a block in 52 of her last 53 games... The only game she failed to record a block was on Jan. 29, 2006 vs. Mississippi State... She had strung together a streak of 50 games prior to the Tigers' 74-44 win over the Bulldogs.
- DeWanna Bonner scored 14 points to reach double figures for the fifth time in the six games and 15th time this season... She has 293 points this season, just 12 points shy of tying Le'Coe Willingham for 10th (305 points) in freshman scoring at Auburn.
- Whitney Boddie had four assists to give her 94 on the year, which moved her within 11 of tying Tiffany Krantz (1996-97) for sixth all-time among freshman at Auburn with 105.
- KeKe Carrier notched a game-high 10 rebounds, while scoring eight points.
- Marita Payne finished with one rebound and now has 596 for her career... She ranks in 15th in school history in rebounds... Brenda Hill (1982-85) ranks 14th in school history with 604 rebounds.
- Nitasha Brown tied her career-high with 19 points on 7-15 shooting... It was the fourth time in her career she has scored 19 points... She also scored 19 earlier this year against Mississippi State (1/29/06), UC Davis (12/28/05) and last season against Louisville (11/20/04)... Nitasha Brown reached double figures in scoring for the 14th time this season... She has now scored in double figures in 12 of her last 15 games... Brown was outscoring Vanderbilt 11-10 with 10:33 to play, while making three three-pointers
- Caroline Williams scored Vanderbilt's first eight points of the game.
- Auburn led the entire first half... Vanderbilt tied the game at 29 with 18:54 to play in the game after a three by Caroline Williams.
- Auburn led 27-24 at the half... Auburn is now 12-3 when leading at the half... Auburn has now led four of its last five games at the half... This was Auburn's second loss this season at home when leading at the half... The Tigers' only other loss
- Auburn began the game with a 9-3 lead... Auburn led by as many as 13 at 25-12 with 6:29 to play in the first half.