Junior Robbert Lathouwers
April 15, 2006
Tuscaloosa, Ala. - The Auburn men's tennis team concluded its regular season today with a win in Alexander City and a close loss in Tuscaloosa. The Tigers shut out the Trojans of CACC and fell 4-2 to the Alabama Crimson Tide. The Tigers conclude the regular season 14-9, 4-7 SEC.
In Alexander City, Nick Lane and Terence Nugent took an 8-1 victory in the number two spot to start off the match. Clenching the doubles point was Robbert Lathouwers and Hunter Mills at the three spot in their first career match together. The pair prevailed 8-0 over the Trojans.
Finishing up first in singles was Milan Krnjetin in the two spot in straight sets 6-0, followed by Pawel Dilaj in the three spot, also in straight sets 6-0. Clenching the match for the Tigers was Lathouwers with a 6-0, 6-1 victory over Wojciech Batorski in the number one spot. Finishing the shut out for the Tigers was Juan Aguilera in his first career singles match at Auburn.
In Tuscaloosa, although the Tigers won the doubles point with wins on courts one and three from Lathouwers and Lukas Marsoun and Lane and Nugent, it would not be enough for the Tigers.
AU would win only one singles match as Lane took a victory on court two over UA's Javier Bes 6-2, 6-2, extending his winning streak to five.
The Auburn Tigers will be back in action on Thursday, April 20, in the SEC Tournament hosted by the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. The Tournament will run through Sunday.
#44 Auburn 5 vs. Central Alabama 0
1. Batorski/Knepper CACC vs. Pilaj/Krnjetin dnf
2. Lane/Nugent AU def Wise/Lavoie 8-1
3. Lathouwers/Mills AU def Holladay/Segura 8-0
Order of finish 2,3
1. Robbert Lathouwers AU def Wojciech Batorski 6-0,6-1
2. Milan Krnjetin AU def Aaron Knepper 6-0,6-0
3. Pawel Dilaj AU def. Spencer Wise 6-0,6-0
4. Terence Nugent AU vs. Chris Lavoie DNF
5. Hunter Mills AU vs. Morgan Holladay DNF
6. Juan Aguilera AU def Brent Bozeman 6-1,6-2
Order of finish 2,3,1,6
#44 Auburn 2 vs. #40 Alabama 4
1. Lathouwers/Marosun (AU) def. Jung/Thibaudeau(UA) 8-3
2. Bes/Merts (UA) def. Dilaj/Krnjetin (AU) 8-3
3. Lane/Nugent (AU) def. Bukima/Felsentahl (UA) 8-4
Order of Finish: 1, 2, 3
1. Robbert Lathouwers (AU) vs. #114 Joseph Jung (UA) 5-7, 6-2, DNF
2. Nick Lane (AU) def. Javier Bes (UA) 6-2, 6-2
3. Mathieu Thibaudeau (UA) def. Milan Krnjetin 6-2, 6-4.
4. Sammy Struyf (UA) def. Lukas Marsoun (AU) 6-2, 6-4
5. Billy Mertz (UA) def. Pawel Dilaj (AU) 6-3, 6-1
6. Dan Buikema (UA) def. Terence Nugent (AU) 6-2, 6-1
Order of finish: 5, 6, 2, 4, 3