The Auburn men's tennis team played for over four hours on Saturday afternoon before being halted due to dangerous weather. The Tigers and the Crimson Tide will resume play on Sunday at 12 p.m. CT. They will then complete their match against Florida from a previous rain delay at 2 p.m. CT.
After winning the doubles point, the No.35 Tigers started out with a strong lead in singles play. Alabama, however, came back strong and tied it up, 3-3. There was only one set left to be played on court three when the match was postponed. The winner of that set will determine the overall score.
The doubles match on court two, being played by the Tiger's Pawel Dilaj and Terence Nugent, was not completed in an attempt to get in the singles matches before bad weather struck.
Below are the scores from the doubles matches and the five finished singles matches.
1. #47 Alex Schweizer (AU) def. #86 Billy Mertz (UA), 2-6, 6-4, 6-3
2. #64 Robbert Lathouwers (AU) def. #82 Joseph Jung (UA), 6-3, 6-1
3. Sammy Struyf (UA) def. Lukas Marsoun (AU), 7-5, 6-4
5. Javier Bes (UA) def. Pawel Dilaj (AU), 5-7, 6-1, 7-6
6. Saketh Myneni (UA) def. Terence Nugent (AU), 3-6, 6-3, 6-2
1. Robbert Lathouwers/Alex Schweizer (AU) def. #26 Dan Buikema/Mathiew Thibaudeau (UA), 8-6
3. Lukas Marsoun/Alexey Tsyrenov (AU) def. Billy Mertz/Javier Bes (UA), 9-8
Auburn's Alexey Tsyrenov and Alabama's Mathiew Thibaudeau were tied, 1-1, on court four (7-6, 6-7).