Robbert Lathouwers won his No. 2 singles match on Sunday.
March 26, 2006
AUBURN, Ala. - The Auburn men's tennis team snapped its two-match Southeastern Conference losing streak and evened its record in league play to 3-3 with a convincing 5-2 win over No. 33 Tennessee on Sunday at the Luther Young Tennis Complex.
No. 51 Auburn (11-5, 3-3 SEC), took two of three doubles matches and four of six singles matches en route to the win over the Volunteers (8-6, 2-4 SEC).
In singles play, the Tigers won matches at the Nos. 1, 2, 5 and 6 positions. Playing No. 1, Alex Schweizer defeated Tennessee's Bobby Cameron, 6-2, 6-2. In the No. 2 match Robbert Lathouwers upended the Volunteers' Kaden Hensel, 7-6, 6-3. At the No. 5 position, Auburn's Pawel Dilaj defeated Derek Stephens, 6-1, 6-2. In the No. 6 match, Lukas Marsoun defeated Tennessee's Adam Hubble, 6-3, 6-2.
Tennessee earned both of its points with wins in the Nos. 3 and 4 matches. In the No. 4 match, Tennessee's Ben Rogers downed Auburn's Milan Krnjetin, 6-3, 7-5. The No. 3 match was the final match of the afternoon and was the only match that went three sets. In the match, Tennessee's Kiril Tcherveniachki defeated Nick Lane, 6-4, 2-6, 1-0 (10-8).
In doubles play, Auburn won the Nos. 1 and 3 matches. In the No. 1 match, Alex Schweizer and Milan Krnjetin downed Tennessee's 24th-ranked doubles team of Adam Hubble and Ben Rogers, 8-4. In the No. 3 match, Nick Lane and Pawel Dilaj defeated Tennessee's Derek Stephens and Kiril Tcherveniachki, 8-4. Tennessee's doubles win came in the No. 2 match, as Robbert Lathouwers and Lukas Marsoun fell to the Volunteers' Kaden Hensel and Bobby Cameron, 9-8.
Auburn returns to the courts on March 31, when the Tigers face South Carolina on the road at 1 p.m.
Men's Collegiate Tennis
Auburn 5 Tennessee 2
March 26, 2006
1. Alex Schweizer, AU def. Boby Cameron, UT, 6-2, 6-2.
2. Robbert Lathouwers, AU def. Kaden Hensel, UT, 7-6, 6-3.
3. Kiril Tcherveniachki, UT def. Nick Lane, AU, 6-4, 2-6, 1-0 (10-8).
4. Ben Rogers, UT def. Milan Krnjetin, AU, 6-3, 7-5.
5. Pawel Dilaj, AU def. Derek Stephens, UT, 6-1, 6-2.
6. Lukas Marsoun, AU def. Adam Hubble, UT, 6-3, 6-2.
Order of Finish: 5, 1, 6, 4, 2, 3
1. Milan Krnjetin/Alex Schweizer, AU def. No. 24 Adam Hubble/Ben Rogers, UT, 8-4.
2. Bobby Cameron/Kaden Hensel, UT def. Robbert Latouwers/Lukas Marsoun, AU, 9-8 (7-2).
3. Nick Lane/Pawel Dilaj, AU def. Derek Stephens/Kiril Tcherveniachki, UT, 8-4.
Order of Finish: 3, 1, 2