March 10, 2006
Starkville, Miss. -
The No. 56 Auburn Tigers defeated the No. 61 Mississippi State Bulldogs 6-1 in Starkville on Friday, taking the doubles point and five singles matches.
"This is a great win for us on the road," said AU head coach Eric Shore. "Anytime we can win an SEC match on the road is a positive thing. The guys really stepped it up today against a good Mississippi State team."
Clenching the doubles point for the Tigers was duo Pawel Dilaj and Milan Krnjetin, defeating Ryan Farlow and Florent Girod 8-6. Partners Robbert Lathouwers and Lukas Marsoun also won at doubles.
Clenching the match for the Tigers was No. 83 Lathouwers, defeating Phillippe Frayssinoux, 6-4, 6-1. Other singles victories for the Tigers include Alex Schweizer, Nick Lane, Dilaj and Marsoun.
Auburn will continue road action on Sunday in Oxford, Miss., where they will take on the No. 8 Ole Miss Rebels at 1 p.m. Live stats for the match will be available at www.OleMissSports.com.
1. Bjelica/ Pinto (MSU) def. Schweizer/Nugent (AU) 8-2
2. Lathouwers/ Marsoun (AU) def. Frayssinoux/Mouillon (MSU) 8-0
3. Dilaj/Krnjetin (AU) def. Farlow/Girod (MSU) 8-6
Order of finish: 2, 1, 3
1. Alex Schweizer (AU) def. Ivan Bjelica (MSU) 6-3, 3-6, 6-3
2. Robbert Lathouwers
(AU) def. Phillippe Frayaainoux (MSU) 6-4, 6-1
3. Nick Lane (AU) def. Pierre Mouillon (MSU) 6-4, 3-6, 1-0 (9)
4. Jose-Carlos Pinto (MSU) def. Milan Krnjetin (AU) 7-5, 6-1
5. Pawel Dilaj (AU) def. Florent Girod (MSU) 6-3, 6-1
6. Lukas Marsoun (AU) def. Eric Lim )MSU) 6-0, 6-1
Order of finish: 6, 5, 4, 2, 1, 3