Auburn sophomore Terence Nugent
Feb. 18, 2006
Phoenix, Ariz. - The No. 28 Auburn Tigers continued their winning streak in their first road match of the season defeating the Lumberjacks of Northern Arizona 7-0. The Tigers move to 5-0 on the season.
"We really needed this win today to prepare us for Arizona State tomorrow," said AU head coach Eric Shore.
The Tigers will continue road action Sunday, Feb. 19, in Tempe, Ariz. They will face their first ranked opponent of the season, the No. 56 Arizona State Sun Devils.
"We are going to have to play our best match yet," Shore said.
1. Lathouwers/Marsoun (AU) def. Morys/Tenev, 8-0
2. Krnjetin/Dilaj (AU) vs. Grooms/Theime DNF
3. Lane/Nugent (AU) def. Carruthers/Ducray, 8-0
1. Nick Lane (AU) def. Gareth Ducray, 6-3, 6-1
2. Robbert Lathouwers (AU) def. Jeff Morys, 6-4, 6-2
3. Pawel Dilaj (AU) def. Brian Grooms, 6-2, 6-2
4. Milan Krnjetin (AU) def. Christian Tenev, 6-0, 6-3
5. Lukas Marsoun (AU) def. Kyle Thieme, 6-3, 6-1
6. Terence Nugent (AU) def. Scott Carruthers, 6-0, 6-0