AU Notes | Roster | Stats | Coaches | Schedule | Game Day Info
Live Audio | Auburn Network Stations | GameTracker | Gameday Live
The Last Meeting
|New Mexico State||20
September 22, 2007
Tigers Pull Away From New Mexico St., 55-20
Brandon Cox passed for 135 yards and a touchdown as Auburn broke open what had been a close game in the second half to defeat New Mexico State 55-20 Saturday night. Cox's passing complemented the running of Ben Tate and Mario Fannin.
Auburn (1-7, 0-6 SEC) hosts the New Mexico State Aggies (1-7, 0-4 WAC) in a non-confer- ence matchup Saturday, November 3, 2012, at Jordan-Hare Stadium (87,451) in Auburn. Kickoff is set for 11:30 a.m. CT; the game will be televised by CSS. This is Homecoming Weekend at Auburn, and the second of four consecutive home games for the Tigers.
First and 1
- This will be just the third-ever meeting between Auburn and New Mexico State in football; the Tigers have won the previous two matchups
- Auburn faces a team nicknamed the Aggies for the second straight week. Last season, Auburn faced the Georgia and Samford Bulldogs in back-to-back contests
- This is the 99th time Auburn has held Homecoming and the 86th Homecoming game at AU.
- The Tigers are 72-8-5 all-time in Homecoming games.
- Emory Blake is just the ninth receiver in Auburn history to record 100 career catches. Blake now ranks ninth in career yardage (1,764); his career best was 118 yards vs. Arkansas
- With his 106-yard performance against Texas A&M, Blake has recorded seven career 100-yard receiving games
- Linebacker Daren Bates is third in the SEC (10.0 tackles/game); teammates Demetruce McNeal (9.25) and Jermaine Whitehead (8.38) rank fifth and seventh among conference tacklers
- Onterio McCalebb is just the second player in SEC history to tally more than 2,000 yards rushing (2.356), 1,000 kick return yards (1,186) and 500 receiving yards (528)
- Auburn has won 75 consecutive games when scoring 30 or more points
- The Auburn field goal defense unit has blocked three kicks this season, two of those by Angelo Blackson and one by Corey Lemonier