Oct. 9, 2012
Sept. 22, 2012 | 6 PM CT
Vaught-Hemingway Stadium (60,580) | Oxford, Miss.
TV: SEC Network | Radio: Auburn IMG Sports Network
Auburn (1-4, 0-3 SEC) visits Ole Miss (3-3, 0-2 SEC) in an SEC West matchup Saturday, October 13, 2012, at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium (60,580) in Oxford, Miss.
Kickoff is set for 11:21 a.m. CT and the game between the Tigers and Rebels will be televised by the SEC Network. This is the first of two consecutive SEC road games for Auburn.
First and 10
- Auburn and Ole Miss will play in the 37th meeting between the teams. Auburn holds a 27-9 advantage in the series
- Auburn has won the last three meetings between the Tigers and the Rebels
- Emory Blake is just the ninth receiver in Auburn history to record 100 career catches; Blake ranks 10th in career yardage with 1,573 after a career-best total (118) vs. Arkansas
- The Auburn field goal defense unit has blocked three kicks this season, two by Angelo Blackson and one by Corey Lemonier
- Coach Gene Chizik is 31-14 in his fourth season as head coach at Auburn; 36-33 in his sixth season overall as a college head coach
- Tight end Philip Lutzenkirchen, a member of the Allstate AFCA Good Works Team, is a semi-finalist for the Senior CLASS Award
- Onterio McCalebb leads the SEC and ranks ninth nationally in kick return average (30.62); Auburn as a team is second in the SEC in kickoff return average (27.0)
- Auburn has won 75 consecutive games when scoring 30 or more points
- With a 3.94 GPA in animal sciences, senior Ashton Richardson is a semifinalist for a National Football Foundation post-graduate scholarship
- Linebacker Daren Bates leads the SEC with 10.8 tackles per game; he ranks 10th nationally