Sept. 15, 2012 | 11:21 AM CT
Jordan-Hare Stadium (87,451) | Auburn, Ala.
TV: SEC Network | Radio: Auburn IMG Sports Network
AU Notes | Roster | Stats | Coaches | Schedule | Game Day Info
Live Audio | Auburn Network Stations
The Last Meeting
October 2, 2010
Auburn Wins Going Away, 52-3
The Auburn Tigers scored on their first five possessions and cruised to a 52-3 non-conference victory over ULM.
Auburn (0-2, 0-1 SEC) hosts Louisiana-Monroe (1-0, 0-0 Sun Belt) in the 2012 home opener for the Tigers Saturday, September 15, 2012, at Jordan-Hare Stadium (87,451) in Auburn. Kickoff is set for 11:21 a.m. CT and the game will be televised by the SEC Network.
First and 10
- Auburn begins its 73rd season at Jordan-Hare Stadium with Saturday's game vs. the Louisiana- Monroe Warhawks
- The Tigers are 94-15-3 all-time in home openers; they did not play any games in Auburn until the 1896 season
- This is the ninth meeting between Auburn and Louisiana-Monroe in football; Auburn leads the series 8-0
- Coach Gene Chizik is 30-12 in his fourth season at Auburn; 35-31 in his sixth season overall as a head coach
- The September 15 date is the latest home opener for Auburn since the 1984 opener against Southern Miss
- Auburn has averaged crowds of more than 80,000 per game at Jordan-Hare Stadium for the last 19 seasons
- Onterio McCalebb's 100-yard kickoff return for a touchdown vs. Mississippi State was the longest such return for Auburn since 2000
- Auburn has now had five kickoff returns for touchdowns during the Chizik era
- Auburn's 2012 schedule features eight games against bowl participants from a year ago, including five that played in traditional New Year's games
- James Owens, Auburn's first African-American football player, will be honored at Saturday's game with the inaugural James Owens Courage Award
View Full Notes