Sept. 3, 2009
Auburn, Ala. -
The 2009 Auburn football game day will feature several improvements and enhancements in and around Jordan-Hare Stadium, including GuestAssist, Tiger Alley and Tailgate Guys, which have been incorporated for a more fan friendly experience.
GuestAssist provides instant two-way, text messaging-based communication between ticket holders and event staff, allowing for improved management of safety, security and guest services. For stadium assistance or to report an issue on game days, text the word AUBURN followed by your message and location to 78247 (standard text messaging rates apply).
"We're really excited about the improvements and additions that have been made for the 2009 season and believe that Auburn fans, as well as our guests, will have a tremendous game day experience," said Scott Carr, Senior Associate A.D. for External Affairs. "One of the five goals we have in the athletic department is to provide a first-class game day environment, and feel that the improvements we've implemented help accomplish that goal."
Tiger Alley, which will feature several food vendors in a row, will be located on Roosevelt between Donahue and Coliseum Drive. Chick-fil-A, Johnny Bruscos, Niffer's, Tiger Ice-shaved ice and Sweet Shop will all have stands at Tiger Alley, featuring additional food options for fans outside of the stadium.
Tailgate Guys provides participating fans with a turn-key tailgating experience. Tents, tables, and chairs will be set-up in advance. Fans will also have the option to order coolers filled with ice, paper products and utensils, and full-service catering. This hassle-free program will provide Auburn fans with first class tailgating without the time consuming set-up. Tailgate Guys is located on the green space east of Jordan-Hare and south of the new student center.
Some additional enhancements for fans in 2009 include:
- Nine ATM machines will be added outside Jordan-Hare Stadium.
- Hand sanitizer pumps are available at each concession condiment station and stadium gates.
- New Tiger Transit stop at Sam's Club (replacing the K-Mart stop) with easier access to the interstate at Exit 57.
- Doubled the number of card swipes at the student entrances, which will expedite the time it takes students to enter the stadium.
- Large ventilation fans were added in the north club, south club and northwest main concourse.
- The food court in the new student union will be open on game day, several hours prior to kickoff and remain open several hours after the game.
- New graphic design on the video boards and ribbon boards.
- New graphics highlighting Auburn's five major award winners Bo Jackson, Carlos Rogers, Tracy Rocker, Pat Sullivan, and Zeke Smith have been added to the exterior of the stadium, located on the south side.
- The Tiger Team Village has been renamed the Coca-Cola FanFest (location remains the same, on the north end of Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum).