25 Enhancements for Football Gameday in 2014
Aug. 13, 2014
Aug. 13, 2014
AUBURN, Ala. -- As Auburn Athletics embarks on another football season, the department is excited to announce 25 things to add to the gameday experience in 2014.
- The price of 20 oz. bottled water has been reduced from $4 to $2.
- Auburn will honor the 10th anniversary of the undefeated 2004 SEC Championship football team at the San Jose State game.
- Fans can now get mobile ticket delivery to their smartphones, which can be scanned directly from their devices at the gates of Jordan-Hare Stadium.
- Young Alumni (0-3 years removed from Auburn University) can get a special discounted Tigers Unlimited membership of $130, along with their season ticket purchase, and sit in section 37 with their fellow young graduates. The program has sold out for 2014.
- Dining opportunities for the general public on Friday nights at the new Wellness Kitchen.
- Auburn will honor the 25th anniversary of the 1989 SEC Champion football team at the Louisiana Tech game.
- Ticket scalpers are now required to have a license to sell tickets around Auburn and Jordan-Hare Stadium. Scalpers will wear identification as part of that license. While this doesn't legitimize the tickets as authentic, it does give the buyer the ability to write down the name of the seller to notify the authorities if counterfeit tickets are identified.
- Bar codes were added to the faculty/staff tickets to allow faculty/staff to enter any public gate making previously assigned gates available for all fans.
- The Auburn Gameday mobile application will have free audio streaming of the Auburn IMG Network radio broadcast.
- Fans will be allowed on the field at the conclusion of the Samford game.
- The price of hot dogs has been reduced from $4 to $3.
- Gate 19 will be an exclusive entrance for Scholarship Donors. This gate was not previously open for access.
- There will be bathroom attendants located in all the restrooms in the lower levels.
- There will be additional "grab-and-go" concessions stands located around Gates 0 and 2.
- Café Jordan-Hare, the unique dining experience at the 50 yard line, will be open on Oct. 3 and Oct. 24.
- There will be increased free water stations on the concourse.
- Jordan-Hare Stadium cellular DAS was upgraded with additional AWS spectrum for increased 4G data capacity.
- Auburn Fast t-shirts sold at local retailers.
- Restrooms in the lower level have added fans and audio for access to the Auburn IMG Network broadcasts.
- A new ticket package - Family Four Pack - four tickets for $100 for the San Jose State game.
- SEC Nation, the pregame show for the SEC Network, will be on campus for the season opener against Arkansas.
- The videoboard will feature fan interaction through social media, with Instagram videos, twitter posts and gameday selfies.
- Auburn redesigned the AUBTIX.com website to help streamline the ticket information and purchasing process.
- Students can now get invested in Auburn football through the Tigers Unlimited U program which allows current students to join the foundation and begin earning double ticket priority points.
- The third annual military appreciation game is set for Nov. 8 vs. Texas A&M.