April 3, 2009
AUBURN - Auburn's annual spring football game, A-Day, Presented by the U.S. Navy, will be held Saturday, April 18 at 1 p.m. CT at Jordan-Hare Stadium. Several events will be held in conjunction with A-Day.
Tickets for A-Day are $5 and are currently available for purchase online at autickets.com or at the Auburn Ticket Office located at Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Online ordering will be available until April 10th, as all ticket orders will be mailed by that date. After April 10th, tickets will be available for purchase in person at the ticket office or on game day at the stadium. Game day sales will be cash/check only.
Auburn University students presenting a valid ID will receive free admission and will enter at the student gates on the stadium's east side.
A-Day tickets will also be sold locally at J&M, Anders, Big Blue and University Bookstores beginning April 13th.
A Punt, Pass and Kick Contest for ages 8-13 will be held on the football practice fields behind the Football Complex from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Registration begins at 9 am and the first 500 participants will receive a free t-shirt. Prizes from Under Armour and Gatorade will be awarded and the winners from each age group will be recognized on the field at Jordan-Hare Stadium during halftime of the A-Day game.
The Tiger Team Village, featuring inflatable games, sponsor sampling, face painting, and appearances by the Auburn cheerleaders, Tiger Paws and Aubie will be located on the Athletic Complex Football Practice Fields from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
A free post-game autograph session with Coach Gene Chizik, the Auburn coaching staff and players will be held on Pat Dye Field inside Jordan-Hare Stadium following the game.
Public parking will be available at the old Auburn Credit Union lot northwest of the stadium and the hayfields on South Donahue. Tiger Transit will run from 9 a.m. until 2 hours post-game from the Hay Fields to Beard-Eaves Coliseum.
Fans are also to be advised of a road closure on Magnolia Avenue between Donahue Avenue and Cox Street, two blocks north of the stadium.
Auburn's softball, men's tennis and track and field teams will all be in action on A-Day. Softball will host Georgia in a doubleheader beginning at 4 p.m. at Jane B. Moore Field, while men's tennis will entertain Alabama at 5 p.m. at the Yarborough Tennis Center. The track and field team will host the War Eagle Invitational beginning at 11 a.m.
Auburn A-Day Presented by the U.S. Navy Activities for April 18 - GAMEDAY ACTIVITIES
Coliseum Ticket Office - Open on 2nd Level of coliseum
- Tickets are $5 for general fans and free for AU students with student ID
- All tickets are general admission and can be purchased prior to game day at the Coliseum Ticket Office or click here to buy online. Available online through April 10.
Tiger Team Village - Football Practice Fields
- Featuring inflatable games, sponsor sampling, child ID wristbands, and appearances by the Auburn Cheerleaders, Tiger Paws & Aubie!
Directions to Tiger Team Village
- The football practice fields are located behind the Athletic Complex between Biggio Drive and Samford Avenue.
- Fans may enter through the gate at the intersection of Biggio Drive and Coliseum Drive.
Punt, Pass & Kick Contest - Football Practice Fields
- Youth ages 8-13 are invited to participate
- The first 500 participants will receive a free T-shirt
- Registration will take place at the tent on Field #3
- Winners from each age group will receive prizes and be recognized on the field at halftime of the A-Day game
Alumni Athlete BBQ - Watson Field House
- Registration located just outside the Watson Field House and is by invitation only.
11:00am - Stadium Gates Open
Stadium Box Office - Open at West Side Ticket Booth
- All stadium gates will be open. Fans are encouraged to park on the West side of the stadium and use Gates 12-16 due to construction on the East side.
A-Day Game Begins
Punt, Pass & Kick Contest winners recognized on the field
Post-game Autograph SessionFollowing a brief cooling off period, fans will be allowed onto the field for an autograph session with the team and Coach Chizik. Limit one autograph item per fan.
Game Day ParkingThe Hay Fields located along Donahue Drive will be open for parking. Tiger Transit shuttles will run from the Hay Fields to campus throughout the day.
Other AU Athletic Events
Track & Field War Eagle Invitational - 11:00am-8:00pm
Hutsell-Rosen Track, Free Admission!
Softball vs. Georgia (DH) - 4:00pm
Jane B. Moore Field, Free Admission!
Men's Tennis vs. Alabama - 5:00pm
City of Auburn/AU Tennis Center, Free Admission!