Game Notes - Auburn at Alabama
Nov. 26, 2016
- Captains: Montravius Adams, Carl Lawson, Alex Kozan, Marcus Davis
- Weather: 61 degrees at kickoff and clear
- Coin Toss: Auburn wins the toss and defers; Alabama receives
- No first-time starters for Auburn; Alex Kozan made his team-high 39th consecutive start
- Alabama's third-quarter rushing touchdown was the first rush TD by an Auburn opponent in 521:53, back though the Texas A&M game on September 17; Auburn had not given up a rushing score in its previous eight games.
- As a team, Auburn is now fourth in AU single-season rushing with 3,342 yards (passing 3,321 in 2014) on the Auburn single-season list. Next up is third with 3,428 in 1985.
- Auburn has held 10 of its last 11 opponents below their season scoring average. The Tigers have held every opponent this season below its season rushing average.
- Will Hastings' 27-yard reception was the second-longest of his career and his first catch since the ULM game
- Kamryn Pettway (1,023 yards) has passed Peyton Barber (1,017 in 2015) for 22nd on the Auburn single-season rushing list.
- Eli Stove's 55-yard reception from John Franklin III in the third quarter was the longest Auburn completion of the season, and was a career long for both
- With 19 receptions this season, Eli Stove is eighth all-time among Auburn freshman receivers
- John Franklin III has passed Kodi Burns (411, 2008) for ninth on the Auburn single-season quarterback rushing list with 414 yards.
- The 2016 Auburn team has run 861 total offensive plays, tenth-best in program history. Next up is 2002 with 862 and 2003 with 864.
- Daniel Thomas records his first two interceptions of the season. Auburn has 11 interceptions this season by six different players. The last Auburn player with two interceptions in a game was Jermaine Whitehead vs. Wisconsin in the 2015 Outback Bowl. The last Auburn freshman with two interceptions in a game was T'Sharvan Bell in the 2010 Outback Bowl vs. Northwestern.
- Deshaun Davis (10) and Tré Williams (10) each recorded the second double-figure tackle game of his career
INDIVIDUAL NOTES/SPECIAL TEAMS
- Daniel Carlson is now 26-30 on field goals this season, breaking his own record for the most FG made in a season at Auburn. Those 26 field goals made in a season rank fourth in SEC history.
- He is now 67-81 on field goals for his career, the Auburn career record for field goals made, attempted and percentage. Carlson ranks eighth in SEC history with 67 career field goals made. Carlson has made 11 career field goals against Alabama.
- Carlson is second in Auburn career scoring with 347 points, behind only Wes Byrum (363 from 2007-10). Carlson is now second in Auburn all-time single-season scoring with 127 points this year, passing Cam Newton (126 in 2010). He now holds the Auburn record for most points in a season by a kicker, passing Wes Byrum (123 in 2010).
- Stephen Roberts' 58-yard punt return was the longest by an Auburn player since Chris Davis vs. Tennessee (85 yards) in 2013, and the 16th-longest in Auburn history