Final Stats |
Auburn Post-Game Notes
Auburn vs. Georgia
Saturday, November 11, 2006
The pre-game flight today was made by Tiger from the southwest deck. It was Tiger's final flight as War Eagle VI after 20 years of service.
Auburn team captains were OL Jonathan Palmer, CB David Irons and H Matthew Motley.
Auburn won the coin toss and deferred to the second half. Georgia will receive and defend the north end zone.
Kickoff was at 11:34 a.m. CT.
Attendance was announced as a sellout at 87,451.
· Auburn now leads the all-time series 53-49-8. The Tigers are now 9-13-2 in games played in Auburn.
· Georgia scored the game's first points on an eight-yard run in the first quarter. Auburn is now 2-2 this season when the opponent scores first, having previously beaten LSU and Ole Miss after surrendering the game's first points.
· Auburn trailed 30-7 at the half. The Tigers are now 2-2 when trailing at the half, having overcome halftime deficits to beat LSU and Florida.
· Auburn trailed 30-15 at the end of the third quarter. It marked just the second time this season Auburn's has trailed after three periods (Arkansas).
· Will Herring tied an Auburn record by making his 47th consecutive start. Herring tied the school record held by OL Jeno James (1996-99).
· Kenny Irons finished with 49 yards rushing, becoming the 12th player in Auburn history to surpass 2,000 career yards rushing. Irons now has 2,029.
· Courtney Taylor finished with 1 catch for 10 yards. Taylor now has 147 career catches, three shy of the school record of 150 set by Karsten Bailey (1995-98).
· Taylor now has 48 catches this season, moving him up to a tie for seventh on Auburn's single-season receptions chart. Taylor is just 10 catches shy of the school record of 58 held by Willie Gosha (1995) and Frank Sanders (1994).
· Tristan Davis returned five kicks for 129 yards. He moved up five spots to second on Auburn's single-season chart for kickoff return yardage with 626 yards.
· Davis had a 40-yard kickoff return in the second quarter. It marked his fourth straight game with at least one kickoff return of 40 or more yards.
· Brad Lester had a 21-yard touchdown run in the second quarter. It was his eighth rushing touchdown of the season and the 13th of his career. He now has 16 career total touchdowns.
· John Vaughn's extra point after Lester's touchdown was his 87th point of the season, tying his own school single-season scoring record for points by a kicker, originally set in 2004.
· Rodgeriqus Smith's 34-yard touchdown reception in the third quarter was his fourth touchdown reception of the season, and his third of at least 20 yards.
· Brandon Cox's touchdown pass to Smith was the 31st of his career, tying him with Patrick Nix for fifth place on Auburn's career touchdown passes list.
· Cox's two-point conversion pass to Lee Guess was the first two-point conversion by Auburn since Jason Campbell completed a pass to Ben Obomanu vs. Arkansas in 2004.