Auburn Post-Game Notes
Saturday, October 21, 2006
The pre-game flight today was made by Tiger from the flagpole in the northeast corner.
Prior to the game, 21
Tulane won the coin toss and elected to receive.
Kickoff was at 1:30 p.m. CT.
Attendance was announced at 79,837.
Kendall Conder was named the Homecoming Queen at halftime of today's game. Her court includes Rachel Evans, Margaret Atkins, Emily Weprich and Krisha Yanko.
· Tulane now leads the all-time series 17-14-1 but
· Since the start of the 2004 season,
· Under Tommy Tuberville,
· Will Herring started his 44th consecutive game, which is three shy of the school record held by OL Jeno James (1996-99).
· John Vaughn became
· Ben Tate went over the 100-yard rushing mark for the second time in his career. Tate finished with a career-high 156 yards on 26 carries and a one-yard touchdown plunge. He had 114 yards rushing on just seven carries Sept. 23 against
· Tate's 156 yards rushing are the seventh-most ever by an
· Brandon Cox tied a career high by throwing three touchdown passes. He threw for three scores last season at
· Cox now has 27 touchdown passes for his career, and passing Loran Carter (25, 1966-68) for seventh in
· With 212 yards passing, Cox moved into eighth place in
· Courtney Taylor finished with five catches for 63 yards and a touchdown. It marked the third straight game that Cox had at least five catches.
· Courtney Taylor hauled in a 25-yard touchdown pass in the third quarter. It was his first touchdown reception of the season and the eighth of his career.
· Quentin Groves had his seventh sack of the season on the opening drive. He now has 20.5 for his career, which is fourth in
· Brad Lester scored his 11th career rushing touchdown on the opening drive. It was his sixth rushing touchdown of the season and the 13th overall touchdown of the season.
· Brad Lester's 36-yard reception on
· Kody Bliss booted a 71-yard punt late in the first quarter. It was tied for the third-longest punt in school history and the longest since 2000. It was his ninth career punt of at least 60 yards.
· Tre Smith had a season-long 29-yard rush late in the first quarter. His previous long was a 23-yard scamper vs.
· Tommy Trott's 27-yard touchdown reception on the first play of the second quarter was his second career touchdown reception and the longest reception of his career.
· Karibi Dede had his seventh career fumble recovery and second of the season in the second quarter.
· Tre Smith had his third career touchdown reception in the second quarter. He now has scored 17 career touchdowns (13 rushing, three receiving, one punt return).
· Tristan Davis returned the opening kickoff of the second half 53 yards. It was the second straight week he had a kickoff return of more than 50 yards, having returned a kick 58 yards last Saturday vs.
· Will Herring recovered a fumble in the third quarter. It marked the fourth career fumble recovery of his career.
· Zach Gilbert's 57-yard interception return was the first of his career