Auburn Post-Game Notes
Pat Dye Field at Jordan-Hare Stadium
October 6, 2007
The pre-game flight was made by Nova (War Eagle VII) from the northeast ramp.
Auburn won the coin toss and deferred to the second half. Vanderbilt elected to receive and Auburn to defend the north end zone.
Kickoff was at 11:34 a.m. CT.
Game attendance was announced as 82,657.
· Auburn is now 20-19-1 all-time against Vanderbilt, and has won the last 13 meetings in a row. With the win Auburn now leads the all-time series for the first time in 113 years.
· Auburn is now 8-0 against the Commodores in games played in Auburn.
· Auburn has now won its last 14 consecutive games when wearing all white uniforms.
· The victory was Tommy Tuberville's 100th as a collegiate head coach. He 75-31 in nine seasons at Auburn and was 25-20 in four years at Ole Miss for a career record of 100-51.
· Auburn is now 259-64-7 all-time at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
· Auburn is now 21-12 in games played in October during the Tommy Tuberville era, and has won 21 of its last 27 games.
· Auburn is now 65-5 under Tommy Tuberville when scoring 20 or more points in a game, including a mark of 63-4 in the regular season.
· Auburn is now 42-0 under Tommy Tuberville when scoring at least 30 points in a game. Auburn has won 47 consecutive games when scoring 30 or more points.
· Auburn has now scored in 56 consecutive games since last being shut out in the 2003 season opener, which is the third-longest streak in team history and two games short of tying the second-longest streak.
· Auburn scored on its opening drive for the second straight week, going 80 yards in nine plays. It was Auburn's third scoring drive of at least 80 yards in the last two weeks.
· Auburn's 162 yards in the first quarter were the most in any quarter by the Tigers this season. The Tigers matched that number in the second quarter.
· Auburn scored touchdowns on its first three possessions, marking the first time Auburn accomplished that feat since Nov. 19, 2005 against Alabama in a game Auburn went on to win 28-18.
· Auburn totaled 324 yards of offense in the first half, which is just 6.4 yards less than Auburn's season average of 330.4 yards per game.
· Auburn's 28 points at halftime were the most in a first half for Auburn since the 2005 victory against Alabama.
· Auburn's 28-point lead at the half was the largest by the Tigers since Auburn led South Carolina, 31-0, at the half on Oct. 1, 2005.
· Auburn has now led at the half in every game this season.
· Auburn led 35-0 at the end of the third quarter. The Tigers are now 3-2 when leading after three quarters.
· DE Quentin Groves did not play, marking the first game in which he has not played since 2003. Groves was the only member of the team to have played in all 43 games over the past four seasons entering today's game.
· True freshmen LB Josh Bynes and DB Ryan Williams played in their first career games, bringing the number of true freshmen who have played for Auburn this season to 15.
· Ben Tate had his third rushing touchdown of the season and sixth of his career, from four yards out to cap Auburn's opening drive.
· Tate's 44-yard run on Auburn's second possession was the longest of his career. He had a 42-yard touchdown run last season vs. Buffalo.
· Rodgeriqus Smith's two-yard touchdown catch on Auburn's second drive was his third touchdown reception of the season and the seventh of his career.
· Brandon Cox finished the first quarter 7-of-7 for 58 yards and a touchdown. His touchdown pass to Smith was the 37th of his career.
· Mario Fannin's 22-yard touchdown run in the second quarter was his fifth rushing touchdown of the season.
· Robert Dunn's 33-yard reception in the second quarter was the longest of his career. His previous long was 23 yards against Mississippi State in 2005.
· Brad Lester had two touchdown runs, scoring from 17 yards in the second quarter and five yards in the third quarter. The scores were his first rushing touchdowns of the season and gave him 16 for his career.
· Patrick Lee's interception in the third quarter marked his second straight game with an interception. He now has three career interceptions.
· Michael Goggans had his first career sack in the fourth quarter.