Sept. 24, 2011
Final Stats |
· Auburn team captains were QB Barrett Trotter, DE Nosa Eguae, and RB Onterio McCalebb.
· Florida Atlantic won the toss and deferred to the second half. Auburn defended the south end zone.
· Game time weather conditions: 78 degrees, winds from west/southwest at six miles per hour with clear skies.
· The attendance was 82,249.
· Nova made the pregame flight from the flag pole.
· The Tigers have won 11 games in a row at Jordan-Hare Stadium, the longest streak since winning 12 in a row from 2000-01.
· Auburn has won 17 of its last 18 games dating back to the 2010 Outback Bowl.
· Auburn has now won 68 games in a row when scoring 30 or more points and is 287-4 in school history when surpassing the 30-point mark.
· Jermaine Whitehead's 25-yard INT return for a score was the second this season for Auburn (Demetruce McNeal vs. MSU). It is the third time since 1997 (1997, 2009, 2011) that Auburn has two interception returns for a touchdown in the same season.
· Auburn had three interceptions on the night (Holland, Whitehead, Thorpe, the most by the Tigers since having five against Northwestern in the 2010 Outback Bowl.
· The last time Auburn had three or more interceptions in a regular season game was Sept. 19, 2009 against West Virginia (5).
· Auburn players making their first career start were TE Brandon Fulse, LB Jawara White and DB Jonathan Mincy.· With 68 rushing yards, RB Michael Dyer has 1,519 for his career and is now 25th all-time on Auburn's career rushing list.
· WR Emory Blake's 10-yard TD reception in the first quarter was his fourth of the season and 12th of his career.
· Blake has caught a touchdown pass in seven consecutive games, marking the second longest streak in school history. Terry Beasley owns the school record of eight straight games with a TD catch in 1971.
· With 12 career receiving touchdowns, Blake is now tied for eighth all-time in Auburn history.
· Brandon's catch for loss (minus 1 yard) in the first quarter was the first reception of his career. Fulse ended the evening with two catches for 12 yards.
· LB Jake Holland collected his first career interception in the second quarter. It was Auburn's second interception as a team this season.
· Jermaine Whitehead's 25-yard interception return for a touchdown in the third quarter was his first career interception.
· Onterrio McCalebb's 51-yard touchdown reception from Barrett Trotter with 8:07 in the third quarter was the longest reception of his career and second career TD reception.· Neiko Thorpe's third quarter interception was the fifth of his career.
· PK Cody Parkey hit three field goals (41, 31, 37) to mark a new career high. He is the first Auburn player since Wes Byrum at Ole Miss in 2010 to connect on three field goals in a game.