Sept. 23, 2006
Auburn Post-Game Notes
Pat Dye Field at Jordan-Hare Stadium
Saturday, September 23, 2006
The pre-game flight today was made by Spirit from the southwest ramp.
Kickoff was at 1:30 p.m. CT.
Attendance was announced at 84,921.
· Under Tommy Tuberville,
· Auburn has now won 45 consecutive games when scoring 30 or more points, and is now 40-0 under Tommy Tuberville when putting at least 30 points on the board.
· Will Herring started his 40th consecutive game, which is seven shy of the school record held by OL Jeno James (1996-99).
· Brad Lester had a career-high 18 rushes for 83 yards. He surpassed his previous career high of 13 rushes in the first half, carrying 14 times for 68 yards during the first 30 minutes.
· Lester scored his 12th and 13th career touchdowns and now has six touchdowns this season. Lester now has scored multiple touchdowns five times during his career.
· Courtney Taylor finished with 3 catches for 48 yards.
· Robert Dunn had a 35-yard punt return late in the second quarter, setting a new career best. His previous long was a 12-yard return last year against
· John Vaughn's 46-yard field goal on the final play of the first half was the 37th field goal of his career, moving him into sole possession of fifth on
· Carl Stewart's 54-yard reception in the third quarter was the longest reception of his career, surpassing a 35-yard catch against Louisiana Tech in 2004. It was the third-longest play of the season and second-longest pass play by
· Tre Smith's two-yard touchdown run in the third quarter was his first rushing touchdown of the season and the 13th of his career.
· Sen'Derrick Marks had a sack on the first play of the fourth quarter. Marks had had at least one sack in three of
· Montez Billings had his first career reception in the fourth quarter - an 18-yard catch.
· Ben Tate scored his first career touchdown one play later, going 42 yards for a score.
· Tate finished the day with 114 yards on seven carries for an average of 16.3 yards per carry and two touchdowns.