Auburn vs. Texas A&M - Game Notes
Sept. 17, 2016
AUBURN VS. TEXAS A&M
AUBURN VS. TEXAS A&M
September 17, 2016
Jordan-Hare Stadium |Auburn, AL
- Captains: Montravius Adams, Marcus Davis, Alex Kozan, Carl Lawson
- Weather: 82 degrees at kickoff, wind calm, 75% humidity, light drizzle
- Coin Toss: Texas A&M won toss, deferred to second half
- Eagle flight: Spirit from ramp above Section 12
- Attendance: 87,175
- Auburn's defense held Texas A&M to 2-of-15 (13.3%) on third downs, the lowest since holding LSU to 0-for-13 in 2014.
- Auburn continued its streak of not having a punt blocked, now at 93 consecutive games (only Hawaii has a longer active streak at 94).
- Auburn had 26 first downs in the game. The Tigers have gained 20 or more first downs 33 times under Gus Malzahn and 30 times in the last 38 games.
- Sophomore RB Kamryn Pettway scored his first career touchdown in the first quarter on a 1-yard run.
- Pettway topped the 100-yard rushing mark for the second straight game, finishing with 123. He had 152 last week vs. Arkansas State.
- Sophomore QB Sean White completed his first six pass attempts of the game and finished 18-for-27.
- Sophomore RB Kerryon Johnson surpassed 1,000 career all-purpose yards with his 20-yard rush in the second quarter.
- Johnson scored his fourth touchdown of the season in the fourth quarter. He has scored a TD in four straight games, dating back to the 2015 Birmingham Bowl vs. Memphis.
- Senior WR Tony Stevens had eight receptions for 86 yards, both new career-high (previous: 4 rec., 17 yards vs. Arkansas State last week).
- Freshman WR Ryan Davis had five receptions for 36 yards, both career-highs (previous: 2 rec, 17 yards vs. Clemson).
- Senior DE Montravius Adams had his seventh career sack and first of the season in the first quarter. His last sack also came against Texas A&M last season in College Station.
- Senior DB Johnathan Ford had five tackles and now has 236 for his career. He remains ninth on the Auburn all-time list (since 2004; press box stats era), four behind Josh Bynes (240, 2007-10).
- Sophomore DE Byron Cowart had his first career forced fumble in the first quarter.
- Sophomore LB Deshaun Davis finished with a career-high six tackles and shared the team lead with Tre' Williams.
- Freshman DL Marlon Davidson had a career-high four tackles (previous: 3 vs. Arkansas State).
INDIVIDUAL NOTES/SPECIAL TEAMS
- Senior PK Daniel Carlson has now converted 106 consecutive extra-point attempts. He is one of six kickers in SEC history with at least 100 PAT attempts and no misses.
- Carlson kicked a 37-yard field goal to end the second quarter, his 47th career make. He has made 23 of his last 24 field goals, dating back to the 2015 Kentucky game.
- Carlson now stands at 247 career points scored kicking (253 points total). He is now tied with Cody Parkey (2010-13) for sixth place all-time at Auburn in total points scored.
- Redshirt freshman Ian Shannon had his first career punt in the third quarter.