Auburn 24, Mercer 10 - Game Notes
Sept. 16, 2017
NO. 15 AUBURN VS. MERCER
NO. 15 AUBURN VS. MERCER
September 16, 2017
Jordan-Hare Stadium | Auburn, AL
- Captains: Austin Golson, Braden Smith, Tre' Williams
- Weather: 81 degrees at kickoff
- Coin Toss: Auburn wins toss, elects to receive. Mercer defends south goal.
- Eagle flight: Spirit from Section 12
- Attendance: 87,033
- Morgan Gaston of Guntersville, Ala., was named Auburn's 2017 Miss Homecoming.
- Auburn is now 72-1-1 all-time against opponents currently in the Southern Conference.
- The Tigers are 12-0 all-time against Mercer; today was the first meeting between the teams since 1922.
- Auburn is now 79-8-4 all-time in Homecoming games and has won 26 straight Homecoming contests.
INDIVIDUAL NOTES - OFFENSE
- QB Jarrett Stidham finished 32-of-37 for 364 yards. His 32 completions marked a career-high (previous: 23 vs. Kansas State, 11/5/15 while playing for Baylor).
- Stidham's 32 completions are the second-most in a single game in Auburn history (record: Patrick Nix, 34 vs. Arkansas in 1995).
- With a completion percentage of 86.5%, Stidham had the second-best single-game completion percentage in SEC history with a minimum of 30 completions (record: 88.6%, Tim Tebow, 31-of-35 vs. Cincinnati, 2009).
- It marks the second 300-yard passing game of Stidham's career. It's Auburn's first individual 300-yard passer since Nick Marshall threw for 456 yards at Alabama in 2014, which is the school record for single-game passing yards.
- Stidham's 364 passing yards were the 11th-most in a single game in Auburn history.
- Stidham had a stretch of 18 consecutive completions from midway through the first quarter through early in the third quarter.
- RB Kamryn Pettway scored his first three rushing TDs of the season and now has 10 for his career. Today marked his third career multi-touchdown game (3 vs. Mississippi State, 2 vs. Arkansas in 2016).
- Pettway finished with 128 yards on the ground, his eighth career 100-yard game.
- WR Will Hastings' 38-yard reception in the second quarter was a career-long (previous: 29 vs. Arkansas State, 2016)
- Hastings finished with a team-leading 71 yards receiving today, a career-high.
- WR Nate Craig-Myers had 3 receptions for 40 yards, both career-bests.
- WR Ryan Davis has 17 catches in the last two games; he had 25 all of last season.
- RB Devan Barrett had his first career reception in the first quarter; he finished with 3 catches for 17 yards.
INDIVIDUAL NOTES - DEFENSE
- DE Nick Coe made his first career start.
- Jeremiah Dinson and Tre' Williams shared the team lead with six tackles each.
- Dinson's six tackles were a career-high.
INDIVIDUAL NOTES – SPECIAL TEAMS
- With 6 points today, PK Daniel Carlson moved into 5th place in SEC history in career points scored (377), passing Tennessee's Jeff Hall (371 points, 1995-98). He is 12 points shy of 4th place (Leigh Tiffin, Alabama, 385 points, 2006-09). He is 35 points shy of the all-time SEC scoring record (412, Blair Walsh, Georgia, 2008-11).
- Carlson is sixth in SEC history in career field goals made with 74. He is two away from fifth place (76, Blair Walsh, Georgia, 2008-11). Georgia's Billy Bennett holds the SEC record with 87 career field goals (2000-03).
- Carlson improved to 149-of-149 on extra-point attempts in his career. He is Auburn's all-time leader and ranks third in SEC history in consecutive PATs made: Elliott Fry (South Carolina, 2013-16) is second with 155 and John Becksvoort (Tennessee, 1991-94) is first with 161.