Auburn vs. Mississippi State Postgame Notes
Sept. 9, 2010
- Auburn team captains were C Ryan Pugh, S Zac Etheridge and K Wes Byrum.
- Auburn won the toss and elected to receive.
- Kickoff was at 6:45 p.m. CT.
- Game attendance was announced as 54,806.
- Auburn is now 44-28-5 all-time in SEC opening games, including 17-1 in its last 18 league openers.
- Auburn is now 7-2 all-time in Thursday night games, including a 5-0 mark against SEC teams.
- Auburn is now 59-23-2 all-time against Mississippi State, and has won 22 of the last 29 in the series, including three in a row.
- Auburn has now won 26 of its last 30 games played in September and has won seven in a row.
- Auburn's three scoring drives in the first half took 3:38, 3:44 and 2:56 off the clock. Last week, only one of Auburn's eight scoring drives took more than 2:45.
- Auburn led 17-7 at the half. The Tigers are now 2-0 when leading at the half.
- Auburn did not score in the third quarter, marking the Tigers' first quarter without a touchdown this season.
- Auburn led 17-14 after three quarters. The Tigers are now 2-0 when leading after three quarters.
- OT Lee Ziemba ran his consecutive starts streak to 40 games. He is now just nine games shy of the school record set by Will Herring (2004-07).
- Wes Byrum finished with five points, and now has 255 career points. He needs just 58 more points to break Auburn's all-time scoring record of 312 points.
- Emory Blake scored his first career touchdown on a 39-yard pass play from Cameron Newton. It was also the longest reception of Blake's career, surpassing a 16-yard catch last season at LSU.
- Nick Fairley had his first career interception early in the second quarter. It was the first turnover forced by Auburn this season.
- Fairley also ended MSU's next possession, recovering a fumble after a mishandled snap. He also recorded three sacks in the game.
- The last Auburn player to have an interception and recover a fumble in the same game was Sen'Derrick Marks in 2007 against New Mexico State.
- The last Auburn player to have an interception and recover a fumble in an SEC game was Karibi Dede in 2005 at Arkansas.
- Darvin Adams had his first touchdown reception of the season midway through the second quarter, catching a 12-yard strike from Newton. He now is tied for 10th in school history with 11 career touchdown receptions.
- Wes Byrum's 34-yard field goal was the 45th of his career, tying him for second most in school history. He has now been successful on his last nine consecutive field goal attempts.