Auburn @ Mississippi State Post-game Notes
Auburn at Mississippi State Sept. 8, 2012 - Scott Field, Starkville, Miss.
- Game captains for Auburn were: Daren Bates, T'Sharvan Bell, Onterio McCalebb, Jay Prosch and Philip Lutzenkirchen
- Auburn won the toss and elected to defer to the second half.
- Making their first start of the 2012 season for Auburn were: DB T'Sharvan Bell, DB Demetruce McNeal, C Reese Dismukes
- Jonathon Mincy's first-quarter fumble recovery was the first of his career; the fumble was recovered by Jermaine Whitehead, also a career first.
- Cody Parkey's 23-yard field goal in the second quarter was his fifth of the season, and seventh consecutive field goal made dating back through last year's Chick-fil-A Bowl
- Angelo Blackson's block of a Mississippi State field goal attempt was the first blocked FG by Auburn since Jake Ricks had a FG block versus Kentucky in 2009
- Corey Lemonier's sack was his third of the season. He is just one shy of joining the Auburn career top 10 in that category with 15 to date.
- Onterio McCalebb's kickoff return for a touchdown to start the second half was the second such score of his career. He scored on an 83-yd return vs. Alabama in 2011. It was Auburn's first 100-yard return since Tim Carter vs. LSU in 2000. The last player to return a kickoff for a touchdown vs. Mississippi State was Arkansas' Darren McFadden in 2006.
- It was the fifth touchdown on a kickoff return of the Chizik era. In 42 games during Chizik Era, 5 kickoff returns have gone for touchdowns. AU had its previous 5 kickoff returns for TD in a 298-game span from 1984-2008.
- McCalebb's 975 career kickoff return yards make him seventh all-time at Auburn in that career category, passing Mario Fannin (944), Roderick Hood (874) and Devin Aromashodu (860). McCalebb is now eighth in career all-purpose yardage with (3557 yards plus whatever his rush and pass totals were today)