March 17, 2008
Box Score |
AP Photo Gallery |
- Vanderbilt jumped out to a 17-6 lead and never trailed in the game.
- VU led 47-34 at halftime, shooting a blazing 76 percent in the opening period. The 47 points are Vanderbilt's most in the first half against an SEC opponent this season.
- Auburn got as close as five in the second half, 61-56, before Vanderbilt went on a 10-0 run to lead 71-56. The Commodores led comfortably the rest of the way.
- Vanderbilt's 93 points is the most the Commodores have ever scored in an SEC Tournament game. Their previous best came in an 88-52 win over Tennessee in the 1951 tourney.
- Vanderbilt advances to the tournament quarterfinals on Friday, March 14, at 3:15 p.m. vs. Arkansas. Arkansas defeated Vanderbilt, 78-73, on March 1 in Fayetteville.
- The first session attendance was 12,659.
- Auburn is 14-16 overall and has lost five in a row.
- Auburn is 26-45 all-time in the SEC Tournament, including 22-28 since the renewal in 1979. Auburn is 6-2 vs. Vanderbilt in SEC Tournament games.
- In the four seasons that Jeff Lebo has been head coach of Auburn, the Tigers have met Vanderbilt in the SEC Tournament three times. The teams split the two previous meetings.
- The Tiger coaches wore orange ribbons on their lapels in honor of Auburn freshman Lauren Burk, who died on March 4 in Auburn.
- Auburn is 38-68 all-time in games played in Atlanta, including 6-10 in SEC Tournament play.
- Auburn's 12 three-point field goals tied the Tigers' season high, achieved on two previous occasions.
- Four Tigers scored in double figures. Rasheem Barrett led the way with 20 points, his fifth 20-point effort of the season.
- Vanderbilt is 26-6 overall and has won nine of the last 11 games.
- Vanderbilt is 29-45 all-time in the SEC Tournament, including 2-6 vs. Auburn. Vanderbilt is 7-11 in the tourney when played in Atlanta, including 5-8 in the Georgia Dome.
- Vanderbilt leads the all-time series against Auburn, 78-51.
- VU shot a 67.3 percent from the field, highest by an SEC team this season. It was close to the SEC Tournament record of 68.3 percent by Kentucky vs. Alabama in 1979.
- Vanderbilt used its size advantage to dominate points in the paint, 40-26.
- Vanderbilt got 27 assists on its 33 baskets. The 27 assists ties VU's season high. Jermaine Beal led the way with seven assists and Andre Walker added a career-high six assists.
- Shan Foster notched 26 points, his sixth-consecutive 20-point game.
- Freshman A. J. Ogilvy tallied a career-high 27 points. His previous high was 26 points against Lipscomb. Ogilvy made 12 of 13 field goals, a career best for field goals made.