AUBURN, Ala. – No. 22 Auburn (35-17) concludes its non-conference schedule with a midweek matchup at Troy (35-17) Tuesday evening. First pitch between the Tigers and Trojans is scheduled for 6 p.m. CT at Riddle-Pace Field.
Tuesday’s game will be broadcast on ESPN3 and can be found online at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. Fans can also find the broadcast on the Auburn Sports Network. You can listen on the radio on WTGZ-FM (93.9), online at AuburnTigers.com, or on a mobile device via the TuneIn app.
- Tuesday – Fr. LHP Jack Owen (2-2, 6.83) vs. So. LHP Max Newton (2-0, 2.08)
- Auburn is 22-3 and is hitting .317 with a 3.63 ERA in non-conference games this season. The Tigers are scoring 9.0 runs per game against non-conference opponents.
- Brendan Venter is riding a nine-game hitting streak and is 16-for-32 with 12 runs, five doubles, five home runs and 10 RBI during the span.
- Jay Estes is riding a seven-game hitting streak and is 15-for-27 during the span. He has multiple hits in six of the last seven games and has raised his average 41 points during the streak.
- Auburn has homered in nine straight games and has 17 home runs during the span. The nine straight games with a home run is the longest streak since homering in 26 straight in 2010.
- Auburn is looking for its first back-to-back wins against Troy since 2012, which was also the last time the team swept the season series and defeated the Trojans on the road.
SCOUTING THE TROJANS
- Troy enters the midweek with a 35-17 overall record and is 17-10 in the Sun Belt, good for third in the East Division.
- Offensively, the Trojans are hitting .291 as a team and have six players hitting .300 or better on the season. Joey Denison leads the team and ranks 10th in the country with a .401 batting average. He also ranks tied for sixth in the NCAA with 64 RBI and is tied for 10th with 21 doubles.
- On the mound, Troy boasts a 3.85 staff ERA. Sophomore southpaw Max Newton will make the start for the Trojans and is 2-0 with a 2.08 ERA in nine appearances and six starts. CJ Carter has been the team’s most-used arm out of the bullpen and has seven saves.
SERIES HISTORY vs. TROY
- Auburn leads the all-time series against Troy, 56-22, and is 12-8 on the road against the Trojans.
- The Tigers turned in one of their eight wins when trailing or tied in the final two innings against Troy earlier this season. Tied 5-5 in the bottom of the eight, Conor Davis lifted a sac fly to right field to score Luke Jarvis as the go-ahead run.