Auburn Baseball Notebook
Last Week: 1-3
Last Week's Results:
Tuesday - vs. South Alabama (W, 10-4)
Thursday -- at No. 5 Ole Miss (L, 5-4)
Friday -- at No. 5 Ole Miss (L, 8-3)
Saturday -- at No. 5 Ole Miss (L, 10-3)
This Week's Schedule:
Tuesday -- at Troy (6 p.m.)
Thursday - vs. LSU (6 p.m.)
Friday -- vs. LSU (6 p.m.)
Saturday -- vs. LSU (1 p.m.)
Last Week's Top Performers
Brendan Venter -- Jr. -- IF -- Flower Mound, Texas
4 GP/GS, 8-for-15 (.533/.563/1.333), 4 R, 1 BB, 3 2B, 3 HR, 6 RBI
- Went 4-for-4 with three runs scored, one double, two home runs and four RBI vs. South Alabama.
- Became the first Auburn player since 2014 to homer in three straight games and has five home runs in his last six contests.
- Went 4-for-11 with two doubles, one home run and two RBI in the series at Ole Miss.
- Riding a season-high-matching, nine-game hitting streak and is hitting .500 during the span.
Jay Estes -- Sr. -- OF -- Crawfordville, Fla.
4 GP/GS, 7-for-16 (.438/.438/.500), 2 R, 1 2B
- Led the team with a .417 batting average (5-for-12) in the series at Ole Miss.
- Went 2-for-4 in each of the first two games against the Rebels, marking his fifth and sixth straight games with multiple hits.
- Riding a career-high-matching, seven-game hitting streak and is hitting .556 during the span.
- Has raised his batting average 41 points during the streak.
Welby Malczewski -- R-Jr. -- LHP -- Mt. Prospect, Ill.
3 GP, 1-0, 0.00 ERA, 6.2 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Pitched a career-high 5.0 innings and picked up the win vs. South Alabama to improve to 4-0 on the season.
- Allowed one unearned run on just one hit with one walk and a strikeout vs. the Jaguars.
- Made a pair of appearances at Ole Miss and allowed one unearned run on four hits in 1.2 innings of work.
Auburn improved to 22-3 in non-conference games with a 10-4 win against South Alabama last Tuesday ... the win was the Tigers fourth straight and 11th in its last 13 contests ... the team totaled 124 runs during the 13-game span ... Brendan Venter turned in his second four-hit effort of the season in the midweek ... he hit two home runs and added a double while driving in four runs ... Venter became the first Auburn player to homer in three straight games since 2014 and the first Tiger to homer in back-to-back at-bats since 2016 ... Welby Malczewski picked up the win as he pitched a career-high 5.0 innings and improved to 4-0 on the season ... the season series sweep against the Jaguars was Auburn's first since 2007 ... Auburn hit four home runs vs. South Alabama, marking its sixth game this season with three or more home runs ... the Tigers have homered in nine straight games, marking the longest streak since hitting a home run in 26 straight games in 2010 ... Jay Estes has matched a career best with a seven-game hitting streak and Venter has hit in nine straight games ... Auburn punched its ticket to the SEC Tournament after the results around the league Saturday ... The Tigers wrap up the regular season with a midweek at Troy before returning home for a three-game series vs. LSU from Thursday through Saturday ... Auburn's eight senior members will be honored during Senior Day festivities prior to Friday night's game.