- Auburn is looking for its first series win over the Bayou Bengals since 2012 and their first series win in Baton Rouge since 2011. It's the Tigers last SEC road series of the season.
- Radio coverage from the Auburn Sports Network is also available on Tiger 93.9 in the Auburn/Opelika area. The radio feed is also available on AuburnTigers.com, the TuneIn Radio app and the Auburn Athletics app on your smart phone. The Voice of the Tigers Rod Bramblett and longtime broadcast partner Andy Burcham will describe the action.
- Thursday's opener will be televised live by ESPN2 with Friday's airing on SEC Network+ and Saturday's finale on the SEC Network.
- C Blake Logan is hitting .345 (10-of-29) with 5 2B, 5 R, 8 RBI in career versus LSU.
- OF Jonah Todd's 16-game hitting streak was snapped Tuesday at UAB. He hit .477 (31-of-65) with 17 R, & 14 during the streak. He's second in SEC with .383 BA overall and .404 BA in SEC games.
- Dylan Ingram has 7 HR in his last 16 games with 21 RBI and 19 R.
- Jr. RHP Keegan Thompson tossed his fourth career and most recent CG at LSU in 2015 in his only career start vs. the the Fighting Tigers (9.0 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K).
- The Tigers are 11-5 on the season in one-run games after going 1-11 in those games in 2016.
- Auburn has won 10 of 12 series in 2017, its most series wins since 2003.
- The Tigers have hit 15 home runs in their last 16 games after recording only 10 in their first 34 contests.
- Casey Mize (1.39) and Keegan Thompson (2.08) rank second and fourth in the SEC in ERA.
- With 32 wins (14 SEC) on the season, Auburn has surpassed its overall and conference win totals from 2016.
- Despite missing two starts, Casey Mize is third in the SEC with 86 strikeouts.
- After not hitting a grand slam in 276 games since 2012, Auburn hit three in 11 games from April 11-29.
- RHP Casey Mize was named a D1Baseball Midseason All-American, Butch Thompson was named top coach.
LSU leads the all-time series, 100-71, including a 50-28 advantage in Baton Rouge. Auburn has won four of its last seven series in Baton Rouge: 2001, 2005, 2007, and 2011. The Tigers took 2-of-3 from LSU in three consecutive series in 2010-12.
Auburn will play its final regular season series next weekend at Plainsman Park against Ole Miss, May 18-20.