AUBURN, Ala. – No. 21 Auburn (25-12, 6-9 SEC) concludes its home-and-home season series with UAB (16-18, 8-7 C-USA) as the Tigers host the Blazers at Plainsman Park Tuesday at 6 p.m. CT.
Tuesday’s game will be broadcast on SEC Network+ and can be found online at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. The game will also broadcast on the Auburn Sports Network. You can listen on the radio on WTGZ-FM (93.9), online at AuburnTigers.com, or on a mobile device via the TuneIn app.
- Tuesday – Sr. RHP Calvin Coker (3-1, 3.57) vs. Sr. RHP Isaiah Gonzales-Montoya (2-0, 3.18)
- Auburn is 19-3 in non-conference games this season, including 16-1 at Plainsman Park. The team is also 5-0 in midweek games on The Plains this season.
- The Tigers are hitting .314 with 53 doubles and 27 home runs against no-conference competition this season and have turned in a 3.86 ERA. The team is hitting .324 with a 3.12 ERA in 17 games against no-conference opponents at home.
- Brendan Venter leads the way with a .402 batting average in non-conference play. Brett Wright paces the team with six home runs, while Edouard Julien has driven in a team-high 25 runs in non-conference play.
- Trailing 8-3 in the seventh inning vs. UAB in Birmingham on Mar. 6, Auburn scored eight unanswered runs behind a pair of three-run home runs from Josh Anthony and Brett Wright to defeat the Blazers, 11-8. The five-run come-from-behind win is the team’s largest this season.
- Josh Anthony’s next game will be the 100th of his career. He needs three starts to get to 100 starts. Jay Estes is four games and six starts shy of 100.
- Tuesday’s game will be Calvin Coker’s first career start in 50 career appearances for the Tigers.
SCOUTING THE BLAZERS
- UAB enters the week with a 16-18 overall record and 8-7 mark in C-USA play. The Blazers are coming off a road series win at Old Dominion last weekend.
- Offensively, UAB is hitting .236 as a team and are averaging 4.1 runs per game. Brett Blackwood leads the team with a .333 batting average and is the lone Blazer hitting above .300 thus far. He also paces the team with four home runs, while Carter Pharis leads the way with 19 RBI.
- On the mound, UAB boasts a 4.02 ERA. Senior right-hander Isaiah Gonzales-Montoya (2-0, 3.18) will get the start against the Tigers for the second time this season. Gonzales-Montoya pitched 2.0 innings and didn’t factor into the decision after allowing two runs (no earned) against Auburn in Birmingham earlier this season.
SERIES HISTORY vs. UAB
- Auburn holds a 48-10 all-time record in the series vs. UAB, including a 30-2 record against the Blazers at Plainsman Park.
BARK IN THE PARK
- All Bark in the Park participants must enter at the right field gate off of Donahue. Participants may not enter at the main gate or at the Tiger Terrace gate.
- Each fan who brings their dog must turn in a completed vaccination waiver form upon entry to the stadium. Forms will be available at the right field gate entrance.
- Each participant is limited to one dog per person. Each dog must be on a leash at all times upon entry to Plainsman Park.
- A comfort zone will be located on the lower concourse behind the Right Field Terrace featuring a free water station and a natural grass padded area.
- Participants may bring pet supplies, water bowl, treats, etc.
- There will be ‘No Dog Seating’ areas for fans.
- Dogs will be allowed in the Plainsman Patio.
- Gates open one hour prior to first pitch.
- Plainsman Patio, a new gameday hospitality service inside the ballpark, is open and available on the concourse level down the right-field line. Stop by and see a hospitality service member for more information.
- Fans are permitted to bring empty plastic bottles in for free water refills.
- A cell phone charging station is available to fans near the front gate adjacent to the promotions booth.
- Grass areas around the park and adjacent parking lots are open for tailgating.