- Auburn, winner of seven in a row, plays its road opener Tuesday after opening 2017 with 22 straight at home. The game will be broadcast by the ACC Digital Network on ESPN3/WatchESPN. Freshman right-hander Christian Camacho is starting for the third consecutive Tuesday after earning his first career win vs. Jacksonville State last week.
- Radio coverage from the Auburn Sports Network is also available on Tiger 93.9 in the Auburn/Opelika area. The radio feed is also available on AuburnTigers.com, the TuneIn Radio app and the Auburn Athletics app on your smart phone. The Voice of the Tigers Rod Bramblett and longtime broadcast partner Andy Burcham will describe the action.
- The Tigers have six players from Georgia on their roster including five from metro Atlanta.
- Will Holland was named SEC Freshman of the Week after batting .400 with 2 XHB, 4 RBI.
- Auburn has turned 12 double plays in the last 8 games and leads the SEC with 22 turned.
- The Tigers are the toughest team to strikeout in the SEC with only 111 total.
- The Auburn bullpen holds a 0.63 ERA, .204 BAA, 17 K in 28.2 IP over hte last seven games.
- Blake Logan (.393) and Jay Estes (.387) are Auburn's leading hitters over the last 10 games (8-2).
- Auburn's 4-0 win over UAB last Tuesday gave the Tigers their NCAA-leading seventh shutout.
- Senior Blake Logan has been behind the plate for five of Auburn's seven shutouts.
- Auburn has out-scored its opponents 65-12 in the fourth and fifth innings combined this season, 23-2 in the fourth and 42-10 in the fifth. AU has scored 4+ in the 4th or 5th six times.
- Auburn starters Keegan Thompson and Casey Mize own a combined 0.56 ERA with 69 K & 12 BB.
Auburn leads the all-time series 117-107-6 dating all the way back to 1897. The Jackets hold a 61-5-1-2 advantage in games played on the Flats. The series is tied 2-2 over the last two seasons after a hiatus from 2005-14. Auburn won the most recent matchup 14-3 on March 15, 2016 in Atlanta.
Auburn takes its 3-0 SEC start on the road to Georgia for a three-game conference series at Foley Field. The Bulldogs are led offensively by Cam Shepherd with a .310 batting average. Michael Curry has five homers and 24 RBI. On the mound, Chase Adkins is 3-1 with a 2.97 ERA. Georgia (8-13, 0-3) faces Kennesaw State in midweek action. The Tigers swept the last series between the two long-time rivals at Plainsman Park in 2015. Auburn has won 6 of the last 7 in the series, but was swept in its last trip to Athens in 2011.