AUBURN, Ala. -- No. 13 Auburn (15-1) hosts Georgia Tech (9-6) and Memphis (6-10) in a pair of midweek games at Plainsman Park this week. First pitch against the Yellow Jackets on Tuesday is scheduled for 6 p.m. CT followed by first pitch against the visiting Tigers scheduled for the same time Wednesday.
Both games will be broadcast on the Auburn Sports Network. You can listen on the radio on WTGZ-FM (93.9 or 95.9), online at AuburnTigers.com, or on a mobile device via the TuneIn app. The midweek matchups will also air on SEC Network+, which can be found on WatchESPN.
- Tuesday -- Fr. RHP Ryan Hoerter (0-0, 7.20) vs. Fr. RHP Hugh Chapman (0-0, 8.10)
- Wednesday -- TBA vs. TBA
- After starting the season 15-0, Auburn dropped its first contest in a hard-fought loss to Northeastern last Saturday. The Tigers' 15-0 start was the second best in program history, and the 15-game winning streak was tied for the third longest in program history. The 1997 team got off to the best start in program history at 17-0.
- Casey Mize turned in Auburn's first no-hitter since 2002 and ninth in program history Friday vs. Northeastern. He struck out a career-high 13 batters - the most by an Auburn pitcher since 2012 - and threw 105 pitches, 77 of which were strikes.
- Following last weekend's series win, all nine members of Auburn's lineup have 10 or more RBI. Auburn is the only team in the country that has nine players with 10 or more RBI.
- Auburn has totaled 147 runs through 16 games, marking the most runs to this point in a season since scoring 149 runs through 16 games in 2002. The Tigers run total ranks sixth in the NCAA and the team's 9.2 runs per game lead the conference and rank fifth in the country.
SERIES HISTORY vs. GEORGIA TECH
- Auburn holds a 118-108-6 record in the all-time series against the Yellow Jackets that dates back to 1897.
- The Tigers have posted a 64-44-2 record in games against Georgia Tech at Plainsman Park.
SERIES HISTORY vs. MEMPHIS
- Auburn has defeated Memphis in six of 10 contests, but the two teams have played just once since 1978.
- The previous meeting in 2011 ended in a 6-2 win for the homestanding Tigers at Plainsman Park.
- Gates open one hour prior to first pitch.
- Fans will be unable to park in the top level of the Stadium Parking Deck from March 12 thru March 16 due to repairs. No vehicles will be allowed into the top level during that time and any vehicle found on the top level will be towed. Fans will be able to walk up and watch Auburn Baseball from the top level.
- Fans are permitted to bring empty plastic bottles in for free water refills.
- A cell phone charging station is available to fans near the front gate adjacent to the promotions booth.
- Grass areas around the park and adjacent parking lots are open for tailgating.