AUBURN, Ala. -- In its final weekend series before SEC play, No. 15 Auburn (13-0) hosts Northeastern (8-3) in a three-game set at Plainsman Park. Game one between the Tigers and Huskies is scheduled for Friday at 6 p.m. CT and will be followed by games two and three Saturday and Sunday at 1 p.m.
All three games will be broadcast on the Auburn Sports Network. You can listen on the radio on WTGZ-FM (93.9 or 95.9), online at AuburnTigers.com, or on a mobile device via the TuneIn app. All three contests will also air on SEC Network+, which can be found on WatchESPN.
- Friday - Jr. RHP Casey Mize (3-0, 3.31) vs. Sr. RHP Brian Christian (1-2, 7.82)
- Saturday -- So. RHP Davis Daniel (2-0, 5.68) vs. R-Jr. RHP Tyler Brown (1-0, 5.02)
- Sunday -- Fr. RHP Tanner Burns (2-0, 1.06) vs. So. LHP Sean Mellen (3-0, 1.42)
- At 13-0, Auburn has matched the 2001 team for the second-best start in program history. The 1997 team got off to the best start in program history at 17-0.
- Auburn's 13 wins are tied for the second most in the NCAA, trailing only Texas Tech (14). The Tigers are the only SEC team and one of five teams in the nation that remain undefeated. Florida State (13-0), Oregon State (13-0) and Louisville (12-0) join Texas Tech and Auburn on the list.
- The Tigers' 13-game winning streak is the longest since also winning 13 straight at the start of the 2001 season and is tied for the fifth longest in program history - 13 (six times), 14 (two times), 16 (1976), 17 (1997). A win Friday would also match the longest home winning streak in program history (2001).
- Auburn has totaled 126 runs through 13 games, marking the most runs to this point in a season since scoring 146 runs through 13 games in 2000. The Tigers run total ranks eighth in the NCAA and the team's 9.7 runs per game lead the SEC and rank sixth in the NCAA.
- Since the Tigers' offensive explosion for 21 runs on 20 hits vs. BYU last Saturday, Auburn is hitting .384 (43-for-112) over its last three games. The Tigers have totaled 17 extra-base hits, including 13 doubles, one triple and three home runs.
- Seven different Tigers -- Steven Williams (16), Edouard Julien (14), Conor Davis (12), Will Holland (12), Brendan Venter (11), Josh Anthony (11) and Luke Jarvis (10) - have driven in 10 or more runs this season. Auburn is the only team in the country to have seven players with 10 or more RBI.
- This weekend's series marks the first between Auburn and Northeastern. The Huskies are the fourth straight weekend opponent Auburn had never played prior to this season.
- Gates open one hour prior to first pitch.
- Fans will be unable to park in the top level of the Stadium Parking Deck from March 10 thru March 16 due to repairs. No vehicles will be allowed into the top level during that time and any vehicle found on the top level will be towed. Fans will be able to walk up and watch Auburn Baseball from the top level.
- Fans are permitted to bring empty plastic bottles in for free water refills.
- A cell phone charging station is available to fans near the front gate adjacent to the promotions booth.
- Grass areas around the park and adjacent parking lots are open for tailgating.