AUBURN, Ala. -- Looking to continue its best start to a season since 2001, No. 25 Auburn (9-0) hosts BYU (5-3) for a three-game series at Plainsman Park this weekend. Game one between the Tigers and Cougars is scheduled for Friday at 5 p.m. CT and will be followed by a doubleheader Saturday starting at 12 p.m.
All three games will be broadcast on the Auburn Sports Network. You can listen on the radio on WTGZ-FM (93.9 or 95.9), online at AuburnTigers.com, or on a mobile device via the TuneIn app. Friday's contest will also air on SEC Network+.
- Friday -- Jr. RHP Casey Mize (2-0, 3.27) vs. Jr. RHP Jordan Wood (0-0, 2.25)
- Saturday -- So. RHP Davis Daniel (1-0, 5.40) vs. Sr. LHP Hayden Rogers (2-0, 3.65)
- Saturday -- Fr. RHP Tanner Burns (1-0, 0.75) vs. Jr. LHP Kenny Saenz (0-1, 10.80)
- At 9-0, Auburn continues its best start to a season since 2001 when the Tigers started 13-0. It marks the sixth time the team has started 9-0 in program history. Auburn has started 10-0 or better three times in program history: 11-0 (1954), 13-0 (2001) and 17-0 (1997).
- Auburn's nine wins are tied for the most in the country, and the Tigers are one of 13 teams that remain undefeated. The nine-game winning streak matches last year's for the longest since the 2009 team won 11 in a row. The last time Auburn won 12 or more consecutive games was at the start of 2001 (13).
- Auburn ranks 11th in the NCAA in runs scored (81). Conversely, the Tigers have allowed 26 runs, marking the fewest in the first nine games of the season since allowing 22 runs in 2001.
- Prior to last season, Auburn went 1-11 in one-run games under Coach Thompson. With three one-run wins already this season, the Tigers are 15-7 in such games since the start of 2017. Auburn also won a two-run game vs. Bryant.
- Auburn cracked the Baseball America and NCBWA top 25 this week. The Tigers were ranked as high as No. 4 in the country a season ago and spent the final nine weeks of the regular season in the rankings. Auburn was also ranked No. 25 in Baseball America's final poll a season ago.
- This weekend's series marks the first between Auburn and BYU. The Cougars are the third straight weekend opponent Auburn had never played prior to this season.
- Gates open one hour prior to first pitch.
- Fans looking for parking on Saturday should be aware that the top two levels of the Stadium Parking Deck will be reserved for men's basketball parking only. Baseball fans may park in the lower two levels of the Stadium Parking Deck, the East Coliseum lot, the Athletics Complex lot and deck, along Biggio Drive and at the old track.
- The Stadium Deck is also available for game viewing.
- Fans are permitted to bring empty plastic bottles in for free water refills.
- A cell phone charging station is available to fans near the front gate adjacent to the promotions booth.
- Grass areas around the park and adjacent parking lots are open for tailgating.