AUBURN, Ala. – No. 25 Auburn (8-0) will take on No. 15 South Alabama (7-1) in not only its first road game of the 2018 season, but also its first contest against a ranked opponent Tuesday in Mobile, Ala. First pitch at Stanky Field is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. CT.
Tuesday’s matchup will be broadcast on the Auburn Sports Network. You can listen on the radio on WTGZ-FM (93.9), online at AuburnTigers.com, or on a mobile device via the TuneIn app. The game will also be streamed for free on JagNationTV.com.
- R-Sr. LHP Andrew Mitchell (0-0, 0.00) vs. So. RHP Tyler Perez (0-0, 2.25)
- Auburn has started the season 8-0 for the sixth time in program history, continuing its best start in 17 seasons when the Tigers opened the 2001 season 13-0. A win Tuesday would also mark the sixth time Auburn has started 9-0 or better.
- Auburn’s eight wins are tied for the second most in the country, and the Tigers are one of 13 teams in the country that remain undefeated.
- Auburn ranks tied for eighth in the country in runs scored (74) and 16th in ERA (2.00). The Tigers are one of two teams in the country to rank in the top 16 in both categories.
- Auburn has used 11 arms out of the bullpen this season, eight of which have yet to allow an earned run. As a unit, the Tigers’ bullpen has posted a 1.30 ERA in 34.2 innings pitched and are holding opponents to a .140 batting average.
- Forty-one of Auburn’s runs this season have come with two outs, and the Tigers are hitting .354 (35-for-99) in those situations. Brendan Venter (9-for-13), Conor Davis (5-for-9) and Steven Williams (5-for-10) pace the offense in two-out situations.
- Auburn cracked the Baseball America top 25 this week. The Tigers were ranked as high as No. 4 in the country a season ago and spent the final nine weeks of the regular season in the rankings. Auburn was also ranked No. 25 in Baseball America’s final poll a season ago.
- South Alabama holds a 50-24 all-time record in the in-state series that dates back to 1968. The Jaguars are 26-8 in games played in Mobile and have won five straight matchups at home dating back to 2007.